What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia division giveaway for shipping – Round 3

Thanx guys for letting me know the plants arrived safe and sound :-D

Sorry for the weather delaying some shippments, please let me know if the plants survive the delay.

Last edited:
I tweaked the nomenclature in this thread, because S. 'Scarlet Belle' is a registered cultivars, so it deserves its single quote designation. However, you had left the final "e" off of the name of S. 'Scarlet Belle', so if I am mistaken in the assumption that the missing "e" was a typo, please let me know.

Hey, I don’t bite - a simple PM to me would have sufficed. I don’t appreciate you taking it upon yourself to alter my post without any communication with me in private about it, giving me the opportunity to edit the entry myself. There are better ways to go about educating people, pissing people off is not one of them.

Last edited:
"Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 03-05-2015 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Nomenclature - S. 'Scarlet Belle' is a registered cultivars"

correction, cultivars should not be plural.

I did not intend for this to be a bash session of someone I don’t even know and I apologize to Joseph for that. Being human, in a weak moment I reacted impulsively to something that really irritated me. My problem was not with the correction itself, which needed to be done; my problem was simply how it was done. I have never met Joseph in person or communicated with him in private, but I am sure he is a very nice person with a lot to offer this community.

I do get what Joseph is trying to do with correcting plant names to try to help with the huge problem there is with mislabeling of plants and I commend him on the passion he has for that. I have been the recipient of many mislabeled plants myself and it is frustrating. In the casual atmosphere of this forum, I admit I have been sloppy with names such as in my giveaway posts, and sometimes wrongly assume everybody knows what I am talking about without giving thought to the consequences. This makes me part of the problem.

Plant came today, usps in my area freaking sucks...

Plant came today, usps in my area freaking sucks...

Let me know how it does. If it is toast, I would be happy to replace it. I feel partially responsible since I shipped it in the weather you guys were having and trusted that it would not sit for so long in transit. :crap:

one of the most cold hardy hybrids so might be OK.

Back