What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bomarea "Yellow" (P. caldasii or P. superba???) seedling for highland Nepenthes or?

Bomarea "Yellow" (B. caldasii or B. superba???) seedling for highland Nepenthes or?

This is an amazing Bomarea which grows at the SF Botanical Garden:

The umbels are HUGE. I don't know if anyone has settled on a name. I've heard both a variety of B. caldasii, and also B. superba.

This is a cool-growing plant, which twines for a good distance, then blooms at the tip of the growth. It puts out a number of growths every year. It's essentially a vining equivalent of an Alstroemeria. I've seen this particular variety/species bloom in a 1 gallon pot. However, to grow to its full potential, it should probably be in the ground.

I'm interested in trading for highland Nepenthes, preferably species (plants, seedlings, viable seeds, cuttings), perhaps also other plants.

Here is the seedling I can trade for. The pot size is 2 1/4 inches. From the Annual Sale at the SF Botanical Garden (Strybing).

Bomareas are really only grown from seeds. Propagation from cuttings is impossible, and division is near impossible, I'm told.

Last edited:
Back