What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes madagascariensis in flower- looking for a girl

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello everyone, I have a N. madagascariensis in flower and it sure looks like a boy to me so I'm looking for someone with a female something in flower... I'm not much an artist so I really can't envision what crosses will look like, so if there are multiple offers I would love people's opinions on which I should go with. I have some basic boys coming up, but I'd rather try to find something cooler...
Thanks,
Andrew

20150505_070303.jpg

Ooh, nice! Andrew, I'll ask around for you and see if I can find anything cool. Such a rare plant to have in flower.

I got one email with 3 options from someone you contacted... I wrote him back, but haven't gotten a response yet. So nothing in stone, as of yet.
Thanks for the help,
Andrew

If worse comes to worse, how open are you to the option of donating pollen to be stored?

I'm not against it... Feel free to shoot me over whatever information you have.

Andrew, I have
[x splendiana x (veitchii x max)]x veitchii ready for pollen now. Flowers are receptive.

Sorry I didn't get back to you Andrew. I got side tracted and forgot actually. A lot going on here.

The plant above is ready to accept right now.

The vent "hot lips" isn't open yet and the x hookeriana x x splendiana is not open yet. IDK what the x hook x xsplendiana looks like. It flowered before pitchering.

This is vent "hot lips"

Last edited:
People with hybrid vision.... Like Andrew and can't see the cross before doing it. I'm not opposed to chossing all three And seeing what comes out.

Last edited:
Hey man, no worries I had not tried again since my plant still isn't ready to start collecting pollen yet...
Here it is right now:

20150522_144502.jpg

Oh man. It may be ready for the vent and the x hook x x splendiana. Not the veitchii hybrid. Its ready now.

Back