What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In a never-ending quest to make more room in my GH for my CP collection, I'm starting to pare down extras and less desirable (to me, at least) non-CP:

1. Gasteria fuscopunctata - a large plant with lots of babies. Originally from the University of South Florida Botanical Garden in Tampa, currently growing in a 10" standard clay pot. Flowers reliably every spring (like now, for instance). I'm happy to send the entire family to the lucky winner, just the parent, or just a baby or two. So lots of potential opportunities to win!

1432836923.png
7838231.jpg
7750111.jpg

2. Opuntia microdasys -- three pad cuttings, courtesy of Kevin Tarner (thank you again, BTW), that are now sprouting. I'm keeping one small pot (it's cute and has vicious glochids and will go well with the Dykia and Puya plants I keep near the open greenhouse door (where the deer like to poke their heads in to see what's new on the buffet)) and paying the other forward. As with the Gasteria, you may choose all or one if you win, and those you don't take will go to the first runner up, etc..

421759.jpg

U.S. only, and you pay shipping, please, via PayPal (USPS Priority Mail with Tracking, flat rate box ($ will depend on what you win. The Opuntia pads and Gasteria babies will easily fit in a small ($5.95) box. The mature Gasteria will probably be a medium box bare-rooted. Per usual, please add your name to the list or lists below, copy, paste into a new reply, rinse and repeat.

I'll pick winner/s in a week or so.

Gasteria fuscopunctata (please indicate whether you want the adult, a baby or babies (and how many) or the whole family)
etc.

Opuntia microdasys (please indicate whether you want one, two or all three sprouting pads)
etc.

Last edited:
Gasteria fuscopunctata (please indicate whether you want the adult, a baby or babies (and how many) or the whole family)
1.aerogrower- would love the adult

1. aerogrower - would love the adult
2. An isle ate her - two babies would be great! Glad to see some non cp giveaways to grow my succulent/cacti collention

Last edited:
Completely welcome, as always. Might I also add to whomever gets the Gasterias--you can sip nectar from the flowers!

1. aerogrower - would love the adult
2. An isle ate her - two babies would be great! Glad to see some non cp giveaways to grow my succulent/cacti collention

Opuntia microdasys (please indicate whether you want one, two or all three sprouting pads)
1.aerogrower- lets get these started, cant believe no is jumping on these?

I know the suspense re: the winners of this giveaway has been excruciating ...

Congratulations, aerogrower and An isle ate her (clever), you win exactly what you wanted! :).

Please send me your mailing addresses via e-mail (jay.lechtman@gmail.com). Once I pack them up (this weekend), I'll confirm box size and shipping charge for each.

Jay

And remember kids: don't pet the Opuntia! It bites!

My plants came today and they both are bigger than expected! The Gasteria fuscopunctata is absolutely stunning. Let me know when you need to make more room Jay lol.

Aww missed this one :( hope everyone enjoyed their winnings!

All the plants look great so far. Cant wait till the Gasteria fuscopunctata blooms!

Unfortunately, it's going to be another year before it does, since I had to cut off the inflorescence to send to you. flowered like clockwork for me, however.

Last edited:
Back