What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera hartmeyerorum seeds

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
Alrighty ladles and gerbils, here is yet another giveaway. I have 5 packets of seeds so 5 winners possible. This is for US members only, and you must be willing to post something of your own as a giveaway in return or have already done so in the past 3 months. Each winner of this contest will receive a packet containing 50+ seeds. Winners will be chosen June 12. ONE ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT -- when you add your name to the list, you MUST include a photo of a spider or other arachnid. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. (Photos should be your own, as opposed to being "borrowed" from someone else on the internet.)

1. charlie - A glow in the dark sundew… I'm in!

and as for the spider
DSC_0581.jpg

I took it last year, hope thats ok...

2. sflynn- Great species, this is an excellent giveaway! I have plenty of U. 'Asenaith Waite' to giveaway.

I believe this is a green lynx spider:

Last edited:
2. sflynn- Great species, this is an excellent giveaway! I have plenty of U. 'Asenaith Waite' to giveaway.
3. David F-Fantastic giveaway! Do you have photos of the parents? Plenty of Drosera capensis "Big Pink" to give away :D

spidey.jpg

Grammostola rosea, "Josh"

Last edited:
3. David F-Fantastic giveaway! Do you have photos of the parents? Plenty of Drosera capensis "Big Pink" to give away :D
4. Cthulhu138 - Thanks !

Nephila clavipes

3. David F-Fantastic giveaway! Do you have photos of the parents? Plenty of Drosera capensis "Big Pink" to give away
4. Cthulhu138 - Thanks !
5. unprofessiona - cool species and opportunity!

Here's my old Brachypelma boehmei walking up my arm. Loved this spider.

Last edited:
3. David F-Fantastic giveaway! Do you have photos of the parents? Plenty of Drosera capensis "Big Pink" to give away
4. Cthulhu138 - Thanks !
6. SerMuncherIV - great giveaway, first time I would be growing anything from the D. indica complex! I plan on giving away some Drosera in return.

Some sort of wolf spider I found hiding in an old sarracenia flower.
IMAG04671_zpsenptw9en.jpg

4. Cthulhu138 - Thanks !
6. SerMuncherIV - great giveaway, first time I would be growing anything from the D. indica complex! I plan on giving away some Drosera in return.
7. hcarlton-had a seedling of this for a while, really want it back in my collection!

And for the spider pic, a mystery species I got an ID for on this forum a while back
unknown spider by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

4. Cthulhu138 - Thanks !
7. hcarlton-had a seedling of this for a while, really want it back in my collection!
8. Tacks – very generous, thanks!

Here's a little jumping spider I saved from my D. burmannii after taking this photo.

4. Cthulhu138 - Thanks !
9. nimbulan - Thank you very much! I love Drosera with unique traits.

And here is a closely related spider to Cthulhu138's entry: Nephila plumipes (my best guess, I'm not 100% sure)
1kjVLgJ.jpg

4. Cthulhu138 - Thanks !
10. patrickntd - Thank you for the opportunity!

A little guy in my tank.
IMG_0334_zpsoqjdgk0n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well, I do not yet have much to offer for giveaway except for some herbs & veggie seedlings but here are a few pics regardless.
I was attempting to take a shot of a big beautiful orb weaver but it kept dancing around so I pulled out my hadrurus arizonensis giant desert hairy scorpion:

DSCN0073 by blu-bear, on Flickr
DSCN0074 by blu-bear, on Flickr

4. Cthulhu138 - Thanks !
10. patrickntd - Thank you for the opportunity!
11. chevyguy8893 - Awesome giveaway, and thank you for it!

Not the best photo, but here is a spider that set up shop on one of the Sarracenia pitchers.

Some sweet arachnid photos folks! (Nice scorp there, Knuckles! Plump devil. Is it just fat or preggo?)

So here be the winners:

2 -- sflynn
6 -- SerMuncherIV
5 -- unprofessiona
1 -- charlie
8 -- Tacks

Pm me your snail-mail addie and I'll send the seeds on their way Monday.

Seeds mailed out today!

Back