What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stelis argentata division giveaway

I finally mustered up the courage to tame the beast that was my Stelis argentata. I divided it into two nice clumps, but I only have room for one, so I'm offering the other here as a giveaway. This one makes pinkish-gray flowers.

S. argentata is one of the easier Pleurothallids: forgiving of mistakes and temperature tolerant. Although this is a tough plant, the culture is similar to that of other Pleurothallids so I do not recommend it to anyone who doesn't have some knowledge/experience growing them. It would make a good companion plant for intermediate-highland Nepenthes, with shading of course.

Shipping (potted) is on me, so this is totally free. I only ask that you 1.) have some experience cultivating Pleurothallids or orchids with similar requirements and 2.) offer something uncommon for giveaway in the upcoming months. Please do not respond to 1 and 2 when signing up or ask questions like "is Drosera XYZ uncommon enough?!" You're on your honor to fulfill 1 and 2. And if you don't, the negative karma incurred could result in your future birth as a fungus gnat.

USA only.

Winner will be chosen Monday at 8:00 pm EST, ideally for Tuesday or Wednesday shipping.

Good luck!

1. Subrosa - Excellent plant, would look nice next to the Salpistele!

I'm pants at growing orchids...good luck to all!

2. rjhaway Thank you for the opportunity.

3. afrodisa - thanks

3. afrodisa - thanks
4, Bonnie- awesome giveaway, I miss having this species

Aaaaaand the winner, according to random.org, is #1!

Thanks so much!

Back