What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No BS Bog in a Box Giveaway

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
On Monday 9/28 I'll be shipping out a box stuffed full of temperate bog plants completely at my expense. No bs. My typical mix of cps, seedling Sarrs (including some gracious gifts from Whimgrinder over the last couple years), some Dews, plus an assortment of companion plants. I won't know exactly what I'm sending until I tear into the barrels I'm tearing into. No bs. These plants are all hardy in unprotected half barrels to at least zone 7A, and some are in ground hardy to zone 3 without protection. No bs. This will make a fine addition to, or beginning of a temperate in ground or container bog. No bs. To qualify for this, aside from the obvious you must be a resident of the US, and I must be unable to think of a reason I wouldn't want to give these to you. No bs.

Ah, how I wish I could take advantage of this magnanimous offer! Alas, being an apt dweller makes doing so impossible. Good luck to all participants and kudos to you, John, for your generosity.

Last edited:
1. Darlantin - Sign me up, thank you very much for the give away!

2. afrodisa - thanks for the opportunity

Last edited:
3. Firerock Thanks! Giving back that is thoughtful

candy-wow! it sounds great!sign me up!

Could i kindly BS you into sending it to australia?

List fixed and I slapped my name in there. Very kind of you, John. :-D

4. candy
5. ErrorEN

4. candy
5. ErrorEN
6. Planturd - awesome!

4. candy
5. ErrorEN
6. Planturd - awesome!

Corrected list:
4. ErrorEN
5. Planturd - awesome!

candy I don't see 5 posts, all of them in giveaway threads as remotely qualifying as an active member, unless perhaps you were giving something to the community in some of them.

4. ErrorEN
5. Planturd - awesome!
6. Zath - What the heck. This is too good of an opportunity to pass up. Thanks for the chance!

4. ErrorEN
5. Planturd - awesome!
6. Zath - What the heck. This is too good of an opportunity to pass up. Thanks for the chance!
7. Earlgrey

4. ErrorEN
5. Planturd - awesome!
7. Earlgrey
8. Chibae, maybe it's the meds but I just can't resist

Edited list:

4. ErrorEN
5. Planturd - awesome!
7 Chibae, maybe it's the meds but I just can't resist

So in the minds of some, 5 posts that in the end total up to be at least an attempt to be a drain on the community don't an active member make, but 6 do? Just to get us all in the same ball park (at least for this game, however I reserve the right to modify this definition at any time for any reason) being an active member normally starts with some sort of introduction (preferably the truth), followed by questions about carnivorous plants, such as where to get them and how to keep them. Maybe a few comments on pics of nice stuff people post. Coming in to a community with your hand out asking for free stuff, for want of much stronger words does not reflect well upon one. That's a lot nicer than I would address this issue face to face, but unfortunately I don't make the rules regarding acceptable language around here.

You don.t have to be nasty about it...don't worry, I'll never bother you again. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Candy- I don't think he was being nasty. The title says this is for "give away for active members", and I don't think anyone would argue that less than 10 posts would qualify anyone as "active" Please refer to other posts that are being offered as "give away" since those don't come with the added requirement of being active on the forum. :)
SubRosa, maybe make sure to add some specifics as to what you are considering active so there are clear lines?
Thanks!
Andrew

Last edited:
You don.t have to be nasty about it...don't worry, I'll never bother you again. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Nasty? candy, you have no idea........indeed everyone has to start somewhere, but starting as a mooch is nowhere. Andrew summed up the rules as well as I could. Quite frankly it's you who's getting a bit testy. If you can do more than just ask for free stuff for a while, it would be no bother at all to see your name on the list for one of my giveaways. Without mentioning any names, I had essentially this same conversation with someone on the list for this very giveaway not too long ago. However I thought I recalled this same person doing a giveaway of their own. I checked his/her posting history and sure enough, they had, along with some non trade related posts. Good enough for me.

okay, i'm sorry. I didn't think that asking for a plant or two was being a mooch....I was just curious to see if I could actually get anything right away. And follow that up with a few offers of my own, just as soon as i felt I had something worthwhile to give away...I'm new to all of this. I apologize if I came off as testy. I don't want to become known as the moochy plant crank, so soon after just getting started.

Back