What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sparkler Cleome Seeds

Zath

Enthusiastic Enthusiast
I decided to give these annual flowers a try this year and they performed beyond my expectations, producing massive quantities of seed. The only problem is that I'm unsure if these are a hybrid of some kind, so I don't yet know if the seed will grow true or at all.

To qualify, all I ask is that you have more than 50 forum posts under your belt, and that no more than half be in giveaway threads.

At any rate, this is one of the mother plants:
cleome.jpg

Depending on how much interest there is, I'll send out 3 packets with somewhere between 12-20 seeds each. If there are more than three applicants, I'll choose via random number. Shipping is on me, but US residents only, please.

Seeds are dry, but should probably be refrigerated dry until you're ready to sow them. Usual procedure, start a numbered list, etc.

Winners will be chosen Wednesday 10/14/15, provided nothing goes wrong with my internet between now and then. :p Winners will be responsible for PM'ing me their shipping info.

Last edited:
Wow that is beautiful i really envy those who have the space and the temps to grow plants outside all year-round. Wish i had space to try them out but they'd prob freeze to death in a month or so :(

Goodluck to those who enter, very generous giveaway Zath!

Wow that is beautiful i really envy those who have the space and the temps to grow plants outside all year-round. Wish i had space to try them out but they'd prob freeze to death in a month or so :(

Goodluck to those who enter, very generous giveaway Zath!

They're annuals Kat. They can be sown outside once the chance of frost is over, then expect them to die in late-Fall. (Hopefully after producing copious amounts of seed)

Last day for these if anyone's interested. If there are no responses by midnight tonight, the offer will be considered closed and I'll try again closer to sowing time.

Ooh that's nice to hear ...now all id need is to rip up atleast some of the concrete around my house to be able to plant such things. Unfortunately our frost is usually long and unpredictable!..ahrg!!

Maybe next spring/summer they'll be more interests in them, they sure are pretty :)

Back