What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade/Giveaway Guidelines update! ~please read

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Subrosa, the more I read from you, the more I get the feeling you are very difficult to get along with. Most of what I've seen from you in the past week has been unnecessarily negative and/or rude. Could you tone it down a little? I suppose, considering my post count, I should count myself lucky I've been able to avoid your vitriol, but I feel really bad for the others who've been on the receiving end. :/
Who the hell are you to ask me to change my behavior? No need to count yourself lucky anymore, but then luck never had anything to do with it. Getting along with me is easy. All it requires is a modicum of civility. Be uncivil towards me or someone I care about and I'll be more uncivil to you than you think is called for. But being the first one to break with civility, what you think doesn't matter to me. Capiche'?

Last edited:
OH THE DRAMA!

Although 25% of my low post counts are in the giveaway forum. A few of those were in my own giveaway topic, if that means anything to anyone. Post count has nothing to do with quality of posts. There are people here with over 500 posts who basically spam the boards with useless blabber.

Its funny that this all comes up a few days after a post on the r/SavageGarden about this site.

Where is the love?
5nm99s.gif

OH THE DRAMA!

Although 25% of my low post counts are in the giveaway forum. A few of those were in my own giveaway topic, if that means anything to anyone. Post count has nothing to do with quality of posts. There are people here with over 500 posts who basically spam the boards with useless blabber.

Its funny that this all comes up a few days after a post on the r/SavageGarden about this site.

Where is the love?
5nm99s.gif
If you give love away freely it has no value......

Stay on topic folks. But stay tuned....
Andrew

Subrosa, the more I read from you, the more I get the feeling you are very difficult to get along with. Most of what I've seen from you in the past week has been unnecessarily negative and/or rude. Could you tone it down a little? I suppose, considering my post count, I should count myself lucky I've been able to avoid your vitriol, but I feel really bad for the others who've been on the receiving end. :/

I can assure you whoever's been on the receiving end has (probably) had it coming. :-)) It's a matter of perspective.

Prior to a few months ago I was terrified of a few of the older members here and had had them on the ignore list (Sorry John, Johnny, and Paul!), but after a few conversations in the chatbox they all turned out to be an amazing bunch of people. Fun to talk to and absurdly generous. Modesty will get you nowhere when you're trying to get your point across..

Last edited:
Prior to a few months ago I was terrified of a few of the older members here and had had them on the ignore list (Sorry John, Johnny, and Paul!), but after a few conversations in the chatbox they all turned out to be an amazing bunch of people. Fun to talk to and absurdly generous. Modesty will get you nowhere when you're trying to get your point across..

You had me on ignore?! :censor:How insulting, how rude - how amusing! Better watch your step, young Eric! LOL (teasing, obviously) I must also state that I consider it an honor to be one of the Trifecta of The Ignored Curmudgeons when The Johns are my company. :hail:

Subrosa, the more I read from you, the more I get the feeling you are very difficult to get along with.

I hope I never end up described as "easy to get along with"! How dull. ;-)

I've only ever had one serious problem with a member on another forum, however I do agree with Trout's comment; I too find this community more abrasive than others…

I could also make the argument that some (haha see what I did there) members of this forum are on more than could be healthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back