What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SP Sarracenia Minor var okefenokeensis Ware Clone "F" Seeds

Well, it's Giveaway Time!
Up for grabs is self pollinated Sarracenia Minor var okefenokeensis Ware Clone "F" Seeds, approx 15 seeds.
Some requirements
1. For members with at least 40 posts
2. You Must have germinated Sarracenia seeds or of similar genera before. I don't want to hear you tried to grow them in Miracle grow!
3. You must be able to send a SASE
4. Along with your name, put what your first CP was! Those Gimmee gimmee crowds are probaly skimming over this:-))
5. WINNER WILL BE SELECTED ON FRIDAY
6.Good Luck!

etc....

1. Subrosa - Nice giveaway! VFT of course!

Last edited:
1. Subrosa - Nice giveaway!
2. Zath- I'll bite, I love S. minor! :D

My first (very-first, when I was a wee thing) was a VFT that we killed in approximately 3 weeks. (kept it in a shady room, poked it with pencils, and fed it dessicated crickets).

When I got really interested in the hobby a couple years ago (what I consider the "start" of my experience) I bought, together, VFT 'Royal Red', S. rubra, and S. minor, with a D. capensis thrown into the order for free.

(All of those plants died the following winter) :cry:

However, as proof that I'm at least halfway competent now: https://varietalenthusiast.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/sarr-seedling-overview-9-22-15.jpg?w=1058 ;)

Last edited:
2. Zath- I'll bite, I love S. minor!
ha you posted at the same time.

3. theplantman -- S. minor is one of my favorites! Thank you!

I was fortunate to volunteer for a nature center for a few weeks, and the owner grew CPs for display and education. I learned the basics of care by watering and propagating them. And one day after work the guy offered me an S. flava rugelii and VFT. I dug up a photo of those plants a few months ago, and then a current photo of the flava.

4. Chibae, first cp was Drosera capensis, I've been successful growing Drosera, sarrs and neps from seed

4. Chibae, first cp was Drosera capensis, I've been successful growing Drosera, sarrs and neps from seed
5. hcarlton-technically, a Dionaea. First successful plant? Probably N. ventricosa...

And the winner is Theplantman!!
Sent you my address and send a sase

Back