What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The flowers are beautiful. And they do fit for the newly christened verrucata. I need to check again what the true dichrosepala look like...

So-- What's the verdict on the labeling?

1. Zath - Definitely willing to give these a try!
2. katya_dog1 - Thanks!
3. Pearldiver Very interested, thanks!
4. Axelrod12 - Gemmae season!!!
5. Whimgrinder - finally, I can say I am one of the "gemmae gemmae" crowd!
6.HeliamWalnut- ha lol gemmae gemmae
7. jimscott Trying to rebuold the pygmy collection - again

Got the gemmae Monday, Sashoke, thank you! I'm looking forward to having a nice pot of pygmies in a few months.

I posted a number of photos of the flowers of the plants I have in collection labeled as D. dichrosepela

Here they are again. Notice the two colored sepals which I believe is the basis of the species epithet. If you look at the photo on the back cover of the Sept 2015 Carnivorous Plant Newletter you can see the true Drosera dicrosepala also has two colored sepals.

IMGP3340copy.jpg

IMGP3338.jpg

IMGP3341.jpg

I'd have to go through either Lowrie's identification keys or the drawings and descriptions in his Magnum Opus to identify the plant. I'd have to borrow a friend's copy. Most likely it is the newly named D. verrucata.

I was just about the summarize Richard Nunn's summary of new or name changes. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Back