What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes boschiana Pollen Available Soon

I have an inflorescence starting on my male N.boschiana, pollen should be ready to harvest in about a month. I would prefer that the pollen be used on a female N.boschiana or to make potentially interesting primary hybrids. Standard 50/50 split on all seeds produced.

I will bump this thread as the pollen gets closer to being ready.

Well, I'm a bit disappointed. My female N. boschiana blooms frequently, so I went out and took a look. Unfortunately, there is only one inflorescence, and it's too far along.???

The first flowers should be open in the next week or so. Since you have females, maybe I should just dry the pollen and send it to you. You can just pop it in the freezer until you need it.

The first flowers should be open in the next week or so. Since you have females, maybe I should just dry the pollen and send it to you. You can just pop it in the freezer until you need it.

Sounds like a plan...

Cool. I'll give you a heads up and grab your address when it's ready.

Pollen available now if anyone else needs any. Plenty to go around.

Back