What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. truncata pollen for 50/50 split on seed

Hi, I have two flower spikes coming in on my N. truncata and am looking for suitable recipients. The spikes are just forming, so it will probably be at least a month before pollen is ready, but I figure it is best to arrange a match as early as possible. I am not terribly picky about the match, so let me know if you have anything! I would ask for 50/50 split on any seeds. Thanks!

My ventricosa x spathulata is sending up another stalk, looks healthy enough that I may be able to pull seeds this time, and I would bet the 'Rokko' Exotica flowers again in a short while. Also expecting a N. gracilis to send up its first flower, so don't know what the sex is but there's a chance it's female....

I think the Rokko would be my preference (though with the amount of pollen I should get, there should be plenty to go around). I can send you a PM when the flowers are closer to opening if you'd like.

What kind of Truncata is this? Lowland or pasian?

You know, that is a great question...I am not entirely sure, as I am afraid I don't exactly know the difference and it wasn't labeled one way or the other. It seems to do well next to the amps and bicals, but I haven't really moved it around much. I can post a picture of it if that helps.

I would love to see a picture. However, I can already tell this is a lowlander. Congrats on the flowers

I think the Rokko would be my preference (though with the amount of pollen I should get, there should be plenty to go around). I can send you a PM when the flowers are closer to opening if you'd like.

That works.

Sorry for the delay, got a little busy yesterday. Anyways here are a few recent photos of this plant, which is doing quite well, aside from sorely needing to be re-potted.
f24eLfEh.jpg

9eV0CNth.jpg

MwLRbwUh.jpg

And the seedlings I have from the last time it flowered, N. truncata x maxima "mini"
LSUEy0Th.jpg

I have started collecting pollen, and will have pollen for a while as the plant has three spikes at different stages. If you have a female nep that is blooming or close to blooming, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Back