What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes seed giveaway

Seeds arrived and sowed yesterday. This is my first time germinating nepenthes seeds. I really appreciate the opportunity. Im sure plenty of them will show up as giveaways/trades here at some point... if I dont screw things up.

My grow area is 55-70 degrees and humidity is 50-70%. I sowed them in 2 pots. LFS is the media for both pots but one of them is split down the middle half live chopped sphagnum on one side, half dried chopped sphagnum on the other. Second pot is just chopped dried sphag. Should be interesting to see if the seeds germinate faster/ grow better on the live vs dried.

Seeds arrived today and have hit the moss after their H2O2 soak. Thanks again!

Ditto to SerMuncher.

Tropics...I got my seeds today at lunch! Seemed like forever! The tray is all set up and ready to go. They will be taken care of as soon as I get home tonight. Thank you for doing this giveaway and good luck to all. I will post updates for sure.

The seeds arrived and are planted, thank you again for this exciting experience!

Thanks Tropics! Seeds arrived and sown!

So what is the earliest any of you would expect germination?

I've had seeds germinate as little as 2 weeks after sowing, but a safer bet would be 2 months....

Back