What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tillandsia Xerographica

I have a good size tillandsia Xerographica available to trade. I know it's not carnivorous but I have a few and don't have need/room for more. Of the two I have available one is 10"-11" the other slightly larger. Looking for anything carnivorous. Pm me for pics. These can get 2'-2.5' when in bloom so they put on a good show for months. Thanks for looking

It's a nice plant, I have one myself though it isn't nearly that big yet.

Ya in central Florida here I literally hang them in oak trees and do nothing and they get big. The one I tried to grow larger in my greenhouse ended up smaller. Ha go figure. I've heard people say that that specific tillanbwas harder to care for but they are ALL really really easy to how and flower here I guess

It depends on the climate I think. Some species are much more tolerant of drier conditions than others. I've been growing mine at 50% humidity with a good spray every morning and a soak every week, along with bi-monthly fertilizer but it still grows extremely slowly. Perhaps it needs more light.

Back