What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. ionasii x heterodoxa in flower looking for pollen

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
Hi everyone,

The title says it all. My very first Heliamphora spike has opened its first bloom and I would really like to make some seeds.

If anyone has a Heliamphora in bloom I would love to trade pollen and make some sort of cross. I have no preference in genetics.

Also if anyone has any tips on pollination or something along those lines. . . I'm open to suggestions.

My heliamphora heterodoxa x minor will eventually. I have two spikes so far, but that's it... if yours is still flowering later when mine open. I'd love to work something out!!

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

As a worst case scenario, just self-pollinate, since yours is already a desirable cross; and most crosses that I have seen, were mostly generic in appearance -- nothing too special.

One should always consult Butch, the high priest of Tincher Tepui, for all things Heliamphora . . .

Thanks for the input. I am hoping that he will see this thread.

I wasn't sure whether or not you could self-pollinate Heliamphora or not.

I waited a little too late to make this thread, seeing as it's first flower is completely open already!!

Thanks for the input. I am hoping that he will see this thread.

I wasn't sure whether or not you could self-pollinate Heliamphora or not.

I waited a little too late to make this thread, seeing as it's first flower is completely open already!!

The plants will produce a number of flowers along the same scape. There are a few threads, dealing with pollinating the flowers . . .

I will Have sarracenioides pollen if my tuning fork ever arrives.

Hopefully before my flowers die off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seen someone use a long pair of tweezers, but the vibration, I'm sure, wasn't as strong as what a tuning fork would be.. after our messaging I ordered one too and just got it 2 days ago..

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

Hey cory, I'd really be interested in some of that pollen if you can get any.

Back