What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadowtski

Supporter
This giveaway is now closed. 7/29/2016 No more entries will be accepted.

Drosera finlaysoniana seed Giveaway

Drosera%20Finlaysoniana%20Flower%20004.jpg

I harvested some seed from my Drosera finlaysoniana today. It's a member of the Drosera indica complex.The plant is all green and the flower is a light pink. I've posted photos of this plant and its flower on T.F. I will be sending most of the seed to the ICPS seedbank, but I thought I'd share some with forum members here.

I'm giving away one package containing 1 fresh seed pod. There are, I don't know exactly, 50 to a couple hundred seeds in each pod. I have not cleaned the seeds out of the pod. These are very very tiny, even for Drosera seeds. Don't sneeze.

I will pay for shipping. If you're interested, add your name to the list and a species of CP you've grown from seed to maturity. The winner will be chosen by random number drawing on July 29th, 2016 at 23:59 P.M. C.D.S.T. Posts made after that date and time will not be eligible. The winner can PM me their name and address and I'll mail them immediately.

Drosera finlaysoniana is easy to cultivate but it's not a beginner's plant. It grows as an annual and will die after producing seed. It is a voracious predator and mine is covered with houseflies, mosquitoes, moths, and all types of flying critters. It has very powerful adhesive on its tentacles. It likes a sandy soil and less water than the average Drosera. Feeding the young seedlings as soon as you can will help jump-start the plant into rapid growth and hunter-killer mode.

This giveaway is open to forum members who have successfully raised at least one species of CP from seed to maturity and gotten seeds from it. List it after your name on the list please. I don't want these seeds to go to someone who has never raised CP from seed to adulthood. I will do other giveaways for beginners.

If you are in a country other than the USA, please enter only if it's legal for me to to send you seed and for you to receive these seeds in your country. I want to be inclusive but I don't want to break any laws or import / export restrictions.

I ask the winner to "Pay it forward". If you win, do a giveaway of your own within a year. Let's spread those CP species around. Sound reasonable?
Thanks and good growing to all,
Mike

0. (EXAMPLE) Shadowtski - Byblis liniflora (EXAMPLE)
1. (EXAMPLE) YOUR FORUM NAME HERE - Drosera burmannii (EXAMPLE)
2. (EXAMPLE) The next person here - Drosera magnifica, VFT, Sarracenia purpurea (EXAMPLE)

Last edited:
Already doing a giveaway as a new member, awesome :).

1. FLTropical - d. dielsiana - thanks! I've been wanting to try these for a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. FLTropical - d. dielsiana - thanks! I've been wanting to try these for a while!
2. Grey Moss - d. spatulata - Thanks for the generosity, doing giveaways.

3. HelaimWalnut - capensis, sarradenia hybrid- wow, thanks for the chance!

4. patrickntd - D. filiformis, D. intermedia, D. spatulata and some pinguicula hybrids. Thank you for the chance.

Last edited:
4. patrickntd - D. filiformis, D. intermedia, D. spatulata and some pinguicula hybrids. Thank you for the chance.
5. afrodisa - D. capensis, burmannii, admirabilis, madagascariensis, esmeraldae, sessilifolia, communis, etc.

1. FLTROPICAL - d. dielsiana-thanks! I've been wanting to try these for a while!
2. Grey Moss - d. spatulata- Thanks for the generosity, doing giveaways.
4. Patrickntd - D. Filiformis, D. Intermedia, D. spatulata and some inguicula hybrid, Thank you for the chance.
5. afrodisa - D. capensis, burmannii, admirabilis, Madagascariensis, esmeraldae, sessilifolia, communis, etc.
6. jrromero6926 - Capensis - GOD BLESS YOU. THANKS

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

1. FLTROPICAL - d. dielsiana-thanks! I've been wanting to try these for a while!
4. Patrickntd - D. Filiformis, D. Intermedia, D. spatulata and some inguicula hybrid, Thank you for the chance.
5. afrodisa - D. capensis, burmannii, admirabilis, Madagascariensis, esmeraldae, sessilifolia, communis, etc.
7. ImUrNv - scorpioides ------ Thank you for your generosity

8.Boggyboy72-D.Capensis,D.Intermedia,VFT-Thanks so much for an awesome giveaway.

8.Boggyboy72-D.Capensis,D.Intermedia,VFT-Thanks so much for an awesome giveaway.

9. ArcanaCapra - D.Capensis, D. Spatulata - Thank you so much for doing this kind giveaway!

The giveaway is now closed.

I'm rolling a 20 sided Random Number Generator and the winner is: #01, FLTROPICAL you've won. Free seed and free postage.
PM me your mailing address and I'll send those seeds out Monday.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Everyone is a winner tonight, kind of, if they want to be.
I won't pay for postage for everyone, just the one selected winner. But everyone else who entered, if you send me an SASE, I'll mail you a package of Drosera finlaysoniana seeds. Is that a fair enough consolation prize? PM me if you're interested and I'll give you my mailing address for the SASE. If you entered a D. finlaysoniana seed giveaway I'm sponsoring on another forum, I am setting a limit of one package of seeds per person.

If you're not sure what an SASE is, click this link: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/carnivorous-plant-trading-post/115000-sase.html
If you are in a foreign country, please enclose an "International Reply Coupon" (IRC) instead of putting a stamp on your return envelope unless you use American postage stamps. US Post Offices usually do not honor foreign stamps. I will take the IRC and convert it to stamps.

Thank you to everyone who entered. A special Thank You to my mother plants for generating all these seeds! My aim is to spread the species around to all the growers I can. I hope you feel the same way. I ask all participants to "Pay It Forward" when they can.

Good growing,
Mike

1. FLTROPICAL - d. dielsiana-thanks! I've been wanting to try these for a while! Mailed seeds 8/1. Shadowtski
2. Grey Moss - d. spatulata- Thanks for the generosity, doing giveaways. - Received SASE 8/6. Mailing seeds 8/8. Shadowtski
4. Patrickntd - D. Filiformis, D. Intermedia, D. spatulata and some inguicula hybrid, Thank you for the chance. Received SASE 8/6. Mailing seeds 8/8. Shadowtski
5. afrodisa - D. capensis, burmannii, admirabilis, Madagascariensis, esmeraldae, sessilifolia, communis, etc.- Received SASE 8/1. Mailed seeds 8/2. Shadowtski
6. jrromero6926 - Capensis - GOD BLESS YOU. THANKS Received SASE 7/30. Mailed seeds 8/1. Shadowtski
7. ImUrNv - scorpioides ------ Thank you for your generosity - Received SASE 8/8. Mailed Seeds 8/9. Shadowtski
8.Boggyboy72-D.Capensis,D.Intermedia,VFT-Thanks so much for an awesome giveaway. Received SASE 8/4. Mailed seeds 8/5. Shadowtski
9. ArcanaCapra - D.Capensis, D. Spatulata - Thank you so much for doing this kind giveaway!

Last edited:
Seeds arrived yesterday.

Thanks,
afrodisa

Last edited:
Received my seeds will plant tomorrow morning THANKS FOR YOUR GENEROSITY

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Got the seeds today.You weren't kidding they are tiny.

Are you sure you didn't just mail me some dust?:jester:

Got the seeds today.You weren't kidding they are tiny.

Are you sure you didn't just mail me some dust?:jester:

Don't sneeze! You'll have Drosera finlaysoniana growing in every pot of your collection.

Pay it forward some day.

Good growing,
Mike

SASE recieved. Thanks again.

Back