What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have 3 Amorphophallus konjac bulbs up for trade. One is a fatty, the other two are young, but growing. I got the big one a while ago from DragonsEye (so you know they are the real deal) and the small ones came off the fatty. They have not flowered for me yet, but the big one should flower soon enough.

Check out the photos:

full

full

Anyway, my girlfriend and I recently setup a garden behind her appartment, and it was quickly trampled by some (foolish? mean? clumsy? careless?) construction workers that were fixing up the apartment's exterior.
So . . . I'd like to get some new plants for our little garden space.

I am in Savannah, GA in zone 8b and have clay like soil. The spot is shady half of the day, but gets sun the rest of the day. We had: Toad Lily (Tricyrtis hirta), Doll's Eye (Actaea sp.), Peacock "Orchid" (Acidanthera bicolor), Coral Bells (Heuchera sp.), Foamflower (Tiarella cordifolia), Ground Orchid (Bletilla striata), Bleeding Heart (Dicentra spectabilis) and a few others.

I'd love to get some of those plants again, but I am absolutely open to other perennials, maybe even some sort of flowering vine. My girlfriend has no patience with seeds so I'm looking for cuttings, root divisions, bare root, or potted plants.

Please PM me to make a trade! :D

Last edited:
Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in Savannah, GA in zone 8b and have clay like soil. The spot is shady half of the day, but gets sun the rest of the day. We had: Toad Lily (Tricyrtis hirta), Doll's Eye (Actaea sp.), Peacock "Orchid" (Acidanthera bicolor), Coral Bells (Heuchera sp.), Foamflower (Tiarella cordifolia), Ground Orchid (Bletilla striata), Bleeding Heart (Dicentra spectabilis) and a few others.

Most of those plants, though likely set back, should be able to recover. The Bletilla is one that I wouldn't be surprised didn't make it.

I'd love to get some of those plants again, but I am absolutely open to other perennials, maybe even some sort of flowering vine. My girlfriend has no patients with seeds so I'm looking for cuttings, root divisions, bare root, or potted plants.

Perhaps if your girlfriend moved her medical practice closer to an thriving agricultural area, she'd have more "patients with seeds". :-))

Seriously, though, if you have the patience for growing plants from seeds, it would increase your options. I do have Aquilegia (Columbine) and other seeds available if you'd like to give it a go. Also have cuttings of Streptocarpus saxorum I could send your way. Obviously have no need for the konjac corms, but if you want to pay postage ...

Cool, I'll PM you back! :D

Most of those plants, though likely set back, should be able to recover. The Bletilla is one that I wouldn't be surprised didn't make it.

Perhaps if your girlfriend moved her medical practice closer to an thriving agricultural area, she'd have more "patients with seeds".
Seriously, though, if you have the patience for growing plants from seeds, it would increase your options. I do have Aquilegia (Columbine) and other seeds available if you'd like to give it a go. Also have cuttings of Streptocarpus saxorum I could send your way. Obviously have no need for the konjac corms, but if you want to pay postage ...

Actually, the Bletilla are the only ones that seem to look alive. If anything else is alive, it's living underground at the moment. I do hope they come back, we continue to water an empty plot of dirt with only 4 Bletilla, in hopes that other plant species will regrow.

Bah! I knew "patients" looked wrong, but yes, thanks for the correction on patience. :p
Anyway, I'd do seeds, but she wants an insta-garden, it's in back of her apartment so I gotta respect that. I'll PM you about the cuttings, thanks for the offer!

Last edited:
Anyway, I'd do seeds, but she wants an insta-garden, it's in back of her apartment so I gotta respect that. I'll PM you about the cuttings, thanks for the offer!

Easy way around that. Put enough stuff in to give it that garden in progress look, and scatter seeds discretely between or amongst plantings. Could even start some seeds in pots and when they've gotten big enough, add them to her garden.

I've acquired plants from freecycle and also people tend to post free unwanted plants on Craigslist. Just ideas if a majority does not survive.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Easy way around that. Put enough stuff in to give it that garden in progress look, and scatter seeds discretely between or amongst plantings. Could even start some seeds in pots and when they've gotten big enough, add them to her garden.

Seed scatter is a good idea. I do plan on starting some seeds inside at my place for planting at hers. :D

I've acquired plants from freecycle and also people tend to post free unwanted plants on Craigslist. Just ideas if a majority does not survive.
Super great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that . . . I give away seeds on there all the time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm looking at some offers for the Voodoo Bulbs, but I've still got them for trade as no deals have been finalized.

Last edited:
Seed scatter is a good idea. I do plan on starting some seeds inside at my place for planting at hers. :D

Super great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that . . . I give away seeds on there all the time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm looking at some offers for the Voodoo Bulbs, but I've still got them for trade as no deals have been finalized.
Also, I forgot to to mention. I am clearing out a lot of my typical seeds, if you would like some to scatter or start for your gf. If you give me types or colors, I can see what I can find for you. I have around 40 types of flower seed. :)

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

A trade is in the works, so the Voodoo Lily bulbs have been claimed. Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the kind offer kjnorris! I will see how the garden looks with the plants I'm getting and let you know if we need some seeds to add to the mix!

Back