What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia & N. ventricosa for trade

• Thread starter subarashii
  • Start date
I have three Darilingtonia californica plants (two mature, one seedling) that just came out of dormancy. I also have a large, mature Nepenthes ventricosa which is strong and healthy but doesn't pitcher in my low RH environment. Looking to trade for low RH tolerant highland Nepenthes species or orchid species. Photos at the link below:

Darlingtonia & N. ventricosa for trade

Last edited:
Wow, if ventricosa won't pitcher in your humidity, there aren't many nepenthes species that will.

Wow, if ventricosa won't pitcher in your humidity, there aren't many nepenthes species that will.

I have a N. sanguinea that has beautiful pitchers. Humidity is at 40%-50% most days.

I have a N. sanguinea that has beautiful pitchers. Humidity is at 40%-50% most days.

Wait... what? Ventricosa should pitcher just fine in that humidity. Have you considered that it might not be getting enough light? Or, worse, have an infestation of mites or some other pest?

Last edited:
Wait... what? Ventricosa should pitcher just fine in that humidity. Have you considered that it might not be getting enough light? Or, worse, have an infestation of mites or some other pest?

No mites. You can see in the photo that the leaves have a good deal of red on them, and I have the plants under fluorescents, so I'm pretty sure it's not light.

Hi, do you happen to still have any Darlingtonia?

Back