What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Trade Nepenthes villosa (10 fresh, small seeds) per packet for Trade

THIS TRADE HAS ENDED

Hi Terraforum members,

Something for the more experienced growers or a newbie who wants to try their luck.
For trade are 10 small, fresh Nepenthes villosa seeds per packet which I just received today.
There are 4 available packets.
Reason I am getting rid of, is I don't have any more room in my setup to grow any more of this species.
The seeds are not wild collected. I bought them.
I will pay for standard postage of these seeds to you. I expect you pay for postage to me as well.
I am open to trading for other Nepenthes seeds or carnivorous plant seeds. Let me know what you have to trade.
Please make sure you are allowed to import these seeds in to you're country first, before trading.

Picture available on request.

Happy Growing!!!

Last edited:
"The seeds are not wild collected. I bought them."

This implies that the person who sold the seeds, produced the seed in cultivation. How do you know thus is true??

I hardly believe that the person who sold the seeds to me is a liar. It would ruin the reputation of their honest business. Unlike the seeds usually sold off eBay, that is where you're concern should be.

"The seeds are not wild collected. I bought them."

This implies that the person who sold the seeds, produced the seed in cultivation. How do you know thus is true??

Last edited:
Then why not name your source?

I have to respect his privacy. He's been burgled twice already and I don't think it's appropriate to put his details up here on forums for everyone to see.

Most of the people on this forum are from outside your country if your source is in Australia so theft is not a likely issue overall, and at least being able to give either plant clone names or being able to forward a picture or two will help your credibility. No one needs the producer's home address, but some evidence to support is really needed at the moment. The fact that you have posted giveaways and trade threads for such species seeds as hamata, villosa, edwardsiana etc. of which seeds are almost never produced in cultivation currently makes one suspicious, frankly.

I'll earn credibility in time, there is no rush. I am not doing anything wrong, nor have I sourced the seeds in an illegal or unacceptable manner.

I'm trying to share my Nepenthes seeds with people who are interested in them. Not trying to cause a commotion about it.

Some people just want to keep their Nepenthes collections private. And people also have to respect their privacy.

Most of the people on this forum are from outside your country if your source is in Australia so theft is not a likely issue overall, and at least being able to give either plant clone names or being able to forward a picture or two will help your credibility. No one needs the producer's home address, but some evidence to support is really needed at the moment. The fact that you have posted giveaways and trade threads for such species seeds as hamata, villosa, edwardsiana etc. of which seeds are almost never produced in cultivation currently makes one suspicious, frankly.

Last edited:
The problem is, I think there are many individuals on this forum (me included) who care about poaching/collecting of wild seeds and don't want to support the trade. You still haven't given ANY evidence to prove these seeds were produced in cultivation, and the fact that you continue to dodge the question with excuses makes it even more suspicious. As others have said, were not asking for your sources home address or even the country they reside in and I don't think saying someone's name really invades their privacy.

Anyone can buy poached seed and resell it as "produced in cultivation", I see it all the time on eBay. If you're going to advertise something as not wild collected, you'd better have evidence to back up that claim.

I'm completely against poaching/collecting of wild seeds, especially for monetary gain without any respect for the ecosystem.

I am here on this forum for my hobby like many other individuals and I like to share my 'bought seeds and produced in cultivation' with others, legitimately. I don't need to explain every fine detail.

As for eBay, these seeds are not from eBay and first and foremost, they are NOT wild collected. Get you're facts right before accusing people.

I have evidence to backup my claims, but that information is between me and the individuals I am trading with.

I won't be backed in to a corner. There is nothing suspicious about it. Don't badger me and please let me enjoy this hobby. This is meant to be a friendly environment.

Last edited:
If I might offer a suggestion here: Without revealing any information about the source in question, do you possibly have pictures of the parent plants in flower? I think that would go a long way towards alleviating the concerns of the other forum members here.

I can certainly understand why the source in question would not want their name revealed. Even discounting the possibility of theft, people who produce very rare and desirable plant material tend to get badgered by other members of the community and like to stay private largely for this reason. That's why the distribution of D. magnifica seeds has been kept so quiet over the past couple years.

Hi nimbulan, I asked for photos yesterday, so am awaiting a reply :D
I'll be sure to post them as soon as I get them.

If I might offer a suggestion here: Without revealing any information about the source in question, do you possibly have pictures of the parent plants in flower? I think that would go a long way towards alleviating the concerns of the other forum members here.

I can certainly understand why the source in question would not want their name revealed. Even discounting the possibility of theft, people who produce very rare and desirable plant material tend to get badgered by other members of the community and like to stay private largely for this reason. That's why the distribution of D. magnifica seeds has been kept so quiet over the past couple years.

Last edited:
Back