What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Trade N. Ventricosa, probably red

• Thread starter adrian
  • Start date
I'm looking for a local trade for a Ventricosa that's in my office and not thriving. It's pretty large, 3 ft vine, several years old, just not making a ton of pitchers probably due to low humidity. Looking for something that will do better in Colorado - large VFT plants would be great, open to suggestions.

thanks!

Its hard to decide on a trade if you dont post pictures of your plant! ???

VFTs would do even worse in an office building than your ventricosa is now, Nepenthes and some Drosera are the best CPs for indoor growing. Id suggest either an N. ventrata or some invincible D. capensis. If you want venus flytraps youll need to grow outside where theres lots of light, or have some beefy growlights in your office with you.

Would you be interested in a trade from Portland, OR? I can even ship potted!

If you have a nice humid terrarium, I could send a Drosera Adelae. If not, let me know what your looking for!

*edit - I'm only interested in a cutting of the Nepenthes Ventricosa. I do not currently have enough grow space for a plant that large. You could just clip off some of the vine and mail it.

Last edited:
I too would be interested in a vine cutting trade. I have only began my collection this past summer so I do not have a variety of plants to trade. I have some outdoor full sun Dionaea typicals that I've had since June when I first began. I am growing a bunch of Drosera capensis seedlings that are a mixture of various varieties (if I could guess they are typicals, "red", and "alba"). These are still very small, around the size of a pen tip.

I don't really collect vft, but I do have a ton of smaller rare Nepenthes species, natural hybrids, and horticultural hybrids that r easy growing. I'd b willing to trade one of those with you if you are interested. PM me for a list of things I'd b willing to trade. Also, I a ton of VFTs coming from the Czech Republic I'd be willing to trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a nice humid terrarium, I could send a Drosera Adelae. If not, let me know what your looking for!

*edit - I'm only interested in a cutting of the Nepenthes Ventricosa. I do not currently have enough grow space for a plant that large. You could just clip off some of the vine and mail it.

If you just want a cutting I'm happy to send one if you cover the shipping. Depending on how much you want, etc, not sure what the going rate is - $10? - to cover box/postage/has to the PO.

I don't really collect vft, but I do have a ton of smaller rare Nepenthes species, natural hybrids, and horticultural hybrids that r easy growing. I'd b willing to trade one of those with you if you are interested. PM me for a list of things I'd b willing to trade. Also, I a ton of VFTs coming from the Czech Republic I'd be willing to trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of VFT's do you have coming in? Something large and red would be great.

I too would be interested in a vine cutting trade. I have only began my collection this past summer so I do not have a variety of plants to trade. I have some outdoor full sun Dionaea typicals that I've had since June when I first began. I am growing a bunch of Drosera capensis seedlings that are a mixture of various varieties (if I could guess they are typicals, "red", and "alba"). These are still very small, around the size of a pen tip.

If you just want a cutting I'm happy to send one if you cover the shipping. Depending on how much you want, etc, not sure what the going rate is - $10? - to cover box/postage/has to the PO.

What kind of VFT's do you have coming in? Something large and red would be great.

I'm getting around 33 mixed forms. I'll pick out the larger more colorful ones for u. How many do you want? I'm also getting 30 drosera binata multifida var extrema on that order as well, that would do nicely in your setup. If u want any neps for it let me know. Also, can u send a pic of the Ventricosa?

Back