What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Trade N. "Red Beauty" albomarginata x maxima

I just took two cuttings from my mother plant. I have been growing this for like 3 or 4 years outside of a terrarium on a card table under fluorescent lights. It has never really been in a stable environment where temperatures are consistently the same night and day season-to-season. In my experience the most important thing is to give this plant a lot of light. I have never tried growing it in full sun but I leave my lights on for over 16 hours a day. In the winter I tend to leave my lights off in the day when it is warmer and turn them on at night when the temperature drops to help keep the plants warm because my house doesn't have the best heat. They are in a small bedroom though and it kind of stays warm if I keep the door closed and the Lights On Through the Night. I just took the cuttings last night and I am looking to trade them around July or August maybe September. I'm looking for nepenthes ventricosa clone C the purplish black form. There was a member of this forum years ago who was also going to trade me a purple nepenthes sanguinea that had a striking lime green underside of the lid and interior of the pitcher. If you know who has that plant or are that person reach out to me. I am also interested in nepenthes reinwardtiana red forms. And finally nepenthes ventricosa squat X sibuyanensis.
If you have any of these plants and are interested in a cutting I will trade a rooted cutting for a rooted cutting

I'm pretty sure I have reinwardiana red form, I'll have to double check the tag. They are on the smaller side, some leaning towards tiny. They aren't real happy with me right now because I just moved them directly under the light, but they'll get over that. If you're interested in trading later this summer/ fall I'm sure we could work something out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: reinwardtiana red

Any information you could tell me about them? Who did you purchase them from?
Any location data?
Are they clones or seed grown?
Thanks!
I'll try to post pictures of my red beauty sometime. The pitchers are like those you will find through a google image search but the leaves are much darker. They are maroon and dark green.

I got them from BCP (Best Carnivorous Plants) sometime in November. Here is exactly what the tag says, so that's all I really know. Nepenthes reinwardiana (red form Bario, Kelabet Highlands, Borneo BCP ID# N335, N402).

I hope that helps.

Re: reinwardtiana red

Yes that is what I was looking for. I would be willing to trade for those later this year while my cuttings root. I checked on them today and the leaves look fine.

Last edited:
Just let know. I've earmarked one of the biggest two for you, so it'll be here when you are ready [emoji1]

Hey
I just wanted to let you know that of the two cuttings I took one didn't take and the other is in jeopardy. It put out a new growth point but the tip died. It has like one leaf that looks healthy. Trying to salvage it but I'm not willing to trade an unhealthy plant. I tried rooting them in peat and sand so I could ship a potted established plant. Should have just put the cuttings in a glass of water like I normally do and shipped bare root.

Back