What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give Away Colorado get together/swap day

I was hoping to get enough interest from Colorado (or further away if you can make it) people to have a get together/swap. I know I have extra plants after dividing my horde, others probably do too. I could host, I am in Westminster, or if someone else would like to that would be fine too. I don’t have a specific date in mind so if people want to respond to this post with suggestions that would be great. I am sure I will have both plants to trade as well as give away. So come on Colorado, let’s make this happen. Thanks

I think that is a great idea and I would encourage you to post in the general forum since you are looking for local interest where you are. Sometimes what is needed to begin a regular meeting group is just someone to do the leg work of finding a place to meet and setting a time. I wish you success!

Generally I'd be interested, but won't have much free time until at least May...plus all the Sarracenia are still dormant until then...

It's a great idea! I'm in the Texas panhandle so not ridiculously far away. Don't have much in terms of a collection at the moment but there's a slight chance I'd attend

I was hoping to get enough interest from Colorado (or further away if you can make it) people to have a get together/swap. I know I have extra plants after dividing my horde, others probably do too. I could host, I am in Westminster, or if someone else would like to that would be fine too. I don’t have a specific date in mind so if people want to respond to this post with suggestions that would be great. I am sure I will have both plants to trade as well as give away. So come on Colorado, let’s make this happen. Thanks

I now have a list of Sarracenia that I will be putting up for trade or giving away for the Colorado get together day. If I have left overs I will probably offer them up as giveaways on this site.
The Sarracenia I have are:

Gin Goblin
Adrian Slack
Tapestry x Adrian Slack
Judith Hindle
Leuco White top x Wilkerson White Knight
(Oreo x Flava) x Open pollination
Leuco pink and purple pitchers
Oreophila
Red Sumatra x Open pollination

I was thinking the day could be May 11 or May 18. Anyone have thoughts on either of these 2 days?

The giveaway/trade will be at my house on May 25th from 1-3PM. The address is 8570 W 92nd Place, Westminster, CO.

If anyone has some fly traps to trade I would appreciate it. I lost ALL my fly traps over the winter, it was the first winter I had my greenhouse and they apparently didn't like it. It also looks like the Adrian Slacks I had to trade did not make it either, sorry. I can trade away fresh cuttings from my Nepenthes Miranda if anyone is interested.

Hope to see lots of people at the event.
Thanks

Dang I really wish there was something like this in South Carolina. I've checked and can't find any groups to join or do things with. You would think there would be one since this is a native growing area

Dang I really wish there was something like this in South Carolina. I've checked and can't find any groups to join or do things with. You would think there would be one since this is a native growing area

Check out events that NASC is giving a show/talk at - there are things in the Carolinas-area for sure.

Will do and thank you for the info. My Google-fu apparently wasn't strong enough to turn up anything

Oof..if it had been the 26th I'd probably be able to make it down. Saturdays are generally already booked (though that may change).

Back