What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (trade) Pollen needed for Robcantleyi

Hi all,

I have a female Nepenthes robcantleyi 'King of Hearts' x 'Queen of Spades' getting ready to bloom in about 3-4 weeks. Does anyone have pollen they'd be willing to send? It could make some nice crosses, and I'd certainly be willing to share seed with the pollen provider.

Thanks
Brandon
bhub89@gmail.com

Attachments

• 0568C4B3-5A22-4DFF-B1A3-A6C525BDD4A9.jpg
    0568C4B3-5A22-4DFF-B1A3-A6C525BDD4A9.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 60
I have some pollen from my N. sanguinea "Orange" that I've been storing for about two months in the freezer if you want it. It still looks good.

You should post this to >clip<, Instagram and Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
cant wait to hear what this robc ends up receiving for pollen, big fan of robc crosses

I will have N. fusca pollen soon.fusca.aug28.15.jpg

Last edited:
shame it's not a female, i've got male pollen too of this one. :concern:

Shame the OP hasn't responded to any of these offers.....

He left his email so maybe he's expecting responses there rather than checking in... Instead, lets try tagging him so he gets email notification to come check out the responses. :D [MENTION=6106]carnivorkid[/MENTION]

So sorry guys! It's been a while since I been on these forums and thought I'd get email notifications for responses. Anyway I had two people email me early on and send me pollen but I might be able to cross one or two more. It's a pretty small inflorescence unfortunately

[MENTION=6106]carnivorkid[/MENTION] - Really need to post this on the Facebook, lot of male Robs on there each year that are blooming.

The Reddit savage garden is a great place also.

Last edited:
[MENTION=6106]carnivorkid[/MENTION] - Really need to post this on the Facebook, lot of male Robs on there each year that are blooming.

I disagree. Facebook is a scourge on everything worthy of preservation on the Internet. It has ruined discussion groups and forums like this one, stealing members and squirreling away user content inside its walled garden in direct contradiction to the primary principle of the Internet: "Information Wants to Be Free". You pay a price to participate in Facebook, and the consequences have yet to be tallied.

[MENTION=6106]carnivorkid[/MENTION] if you want email notifications for replies to the post, just subscribe to the thread.
You can do that when you create the thread, or at any time for any thread by clicking the down arrow at the top that says "thread tools" then select "subscribe to thread". Glad you got a couple setup though!

[MENTION=5846]adnedarn[/MENTION] Shows how long its been since I've been on here lol. Thank you!

Last edited:
While I can agree with your points, very few of the OG crowd are still active. This website is essentially dead. Replaced by a much better discussion forum >clip<.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I can agree with your points, very few of the OG crowd are still active. This website is essentially dead. Replaced by a much better discussion forum >clip<.

Not sure why the OG crowd matters, heck I'm not even the original owner. This forum was created in 2002, of course who is here is going to change in that span of time.
Your last 4 posts spanning the last 2 years have all been advertising for other places, clearly you like them better so maybe stay there? But do stop spamming my forum. Thanks.

Rules said:
3a. No advertisements of any kind; trades/give-aways only are allowed. Sales ads are allowed in the classifieds forum only by users. Commercial site links or ads are not allowed, unless you get permission directly from Andrew (adnedarn).

I disagree. Facebook is a scourge on everything worthy of preservation on the Internet. It has ruined discussion groups and forums like this one, stealing members and squirreling away user content inside its walled garden in direct contradiction to the primary principle of the Internet: "Information Wants to Be Free". You pay a price to participate in Facebook, and the consequences have yet to be tallied.

Well said!

Reddit is a dreadful alternative to a well-organized, structured forum where archivability matters. If all you want to do is step into a fast-moving stream of the same 20 questions repeated ad nauseum, peppered with advertising, then go for it. But I consider that style of discussion to be abysmally lacking in structure, and nothing is preserved for more than the five minutes you are in the stream. This is a Quantity-over-Quality issue, and Reddit fails miserably in this context.

And as Andrew has stated, if all you intend on doing when you post here is to attempt to redirect people to other communities, then we can do without that input.

Back