User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Available for USA: tenuis, ventrinermis, vent x hammy, and spec x talan pollen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I have a N x splendiana x (sibuyanensis x ventricosa) that is female and is flowering on two spikes. It would be great if we could split the seeds 50/50. It would be cool if you could send a little bit of everything. Tell me what you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I don't know why the pics turned out sideways
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Available for USA: tenuis, ventrinermis, vent x hammy, and spec x talan pollen-image1-24-jpg   Available for USA: tenuis, ventrinermis, vent x hammy, and spec x talan pollen-img_7389-jpg  

Last edited by Nepenthes0260; 04-02-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes0260 View Post
    Hello,

I have a N x splendiana x (sibuyanensis x ventricosa) that is female and is flowering on two spikes. It would be great if we could split the seeds 50/50. It would be cool if you could send a little bit of everything. Tell me what you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I don't know why the pics turned out sideways
    Sure, pm me your addy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pollen arrived safely, into cold storage until flower is ready. i feel so prepared unlike last time scrambling to get pollen last second XD
    lover of toothy species and hybrids

Growlist

highland tent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry that this is a little bit off topic but how big do Nepenthes get before they flower specifically Nepenthes alata? One person told me that their sanguinea flowered when it was 4 feet tall and mine has not started vining yet though I suspect it will soon. My Nepenthes alata is a bit over 2 feet tall currently.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sangrocks101 View Post
    Sorry that this is a little bit off topic but how big do Nepenthes get before they flower specifically Nepenthes alata? One person told me that their sanguinea flowered when it was 4 feet tall and mine has not started vining yet though I suspect it will soon. My Nepenthes alata is a bit over 2 feet tall currently.
    No problem.

It's been different for different Neps I've had, and I haven't had an alata grow out for me before so I don't have numbers for that one specifically. I can tell you some plants heights that I have bloomed though just to see the variety:

Male - N.aristo, about a meter
    Male - N.platychila, about 2 meters
    Female - N.ovata 3+ meters
    Female - N.robcantleyii maybe a foot tall, but it might actually be a couple inches short of that
    Male - N.hamata about a meter
    Male - N.spectabilis x talangensis about 3 meters but the shorter (maybe foot tall) basals bloomed at the same time too
    Male - N.tenuis 3+ meters
    Male - N.inermis a meter to a meter and a half
    Male - N.ventricosa x inermis a meter
    Male - N.ventricosa x hamata about a meter
    Female - N.izumiae x trusmadiensis about a foot and a half
    Female - N.sibuyanensis x trusmadiensis about 2 feet to one meter
    Female - N.ventricosa x trusmadiensis - so this one is interesting. I had a friend bloom a cutting that was all of 4 inches tall maaaybe but mine had to get to 2 meters to bloom
    Female - N.thorelli x campanulata about a meter and a half
    Female - N.boschiana x campanulata about a meter and a half

I think that's nearly everything I've bloomed. I'm pretty convinced it's actually an 'hours and intensity of light' thing more than a 'length/height' thing given the amount of plants I have blooming right now all of a sudden because they've gotten considerably less light this winter than they usually do and I've had an explosion of blooms. I have no idea for certain though. Not all of them have been vining when in bloom, but they're not necessarily viners too so... that doesn't really necessarily mean much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pollen arrived. it looks great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I just pollinated the bottom six flowers with pure hamata pollen. There wasn't much of the hamata pollen, so I only did six. When the other flowers open in a few days, I'll pollinate the middle section of the spike with hamata x platy and then the top with hamata x vent (I like hamata). I'll save the rest of the pollen for the other spike, which will start to open in around 1-2 weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12