What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (trade) Available for USA: tenuis, ventrinermis, vent x hammy, and spec x talan pollen

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
Do you need pollen? I can send you some, inside US only because I don't have permits.

densiflora x robcantleyi pollen will be available in probably a couple of weeks.

Lets do the usual 50/50 seed split seeing as how I've finally sprouted some Nep seeds!

That's a lot of vent in there! :-))

Depends on what size pitchers you want to get out of this? Tenuis'll make it smaller and maybe make it redder, ventrinermis will keep it the same size and probably not even affect the color, I actually just discovered the inermis still has a couple blooms going so I could send you some of that to make it more infundibular but it might shrink the pitchers a little, and vent x hammy and spec x talan is a craps shoot because they're 'normal' shaped pitchers of roughly the same height as your pitchers but a colorful mess :-)) Looking in my fridge I've got a little hamata pollen too but it's not as fresh - want more teeth? But hamata pitchers are a little on the small side at least on my plants.

That's a lot of vent in there! :-))

Depends on what size pitchers you want to get out of this? Tenuis'll make it smaller and maybe make it redder, ventrinermis will keep it the same size and probably not even affect the color, I actually just discovered the inermis still has a couple blooms going so I could send you some of that to make it more infundibular but it might shrink the pitchers a little, and vent x hammy and spec x talan is a craps shoot because they're 'normal' shaped pitchers of roughly the same height as your pitchers but a colorful mess :-)) Looking in my fridge I've got a little hamata pollen too but it's not as fresh - want more teeth? But hamata pitchers are a little on the small side at least on my plants.

so far i have the following coming:
lowii x campy
veitchii striped
lowii x gothica warped epristome
maxima x truncata
hamata
ventricosa (going to try and see just how much one can water down a lowii before it becomes pure ventricosa again XD)

so i guess either inermis or vent x inermis? maybe both?

i should have more flowers coming in next month or two, male and female. collection starting to get viney :)

so far i have the following coming:
lowii x campy
veitchii striped
lowii x gothica warped epristome
maxima x truncata
hamata
ventricosa (going to try and see just how much one can water down a lowii before it becomes pure ventricosa again XD)

so i guess either inermis or vent x inermis? maybe both?

i should have more flowers coming in next month or two, male and female. collection starting to get viney :)

Ok, I can send both. PM me your addy and I can put it in the mail.

If it weren't for the fact that my 2nd female is just about to finish out flowers I'd ask for a little of almost everything; pollen seems to store well most of the time for me though and something is bound to bloom again within the year.

If it weren't for the fact that my 2nd female is just about to finish out flowers I'd ask for a little of almost everything; pollen seems to store well most of the time for me though and something is bound to bloom again within the year.

I wish I had it together to offer up pollen a week or two ago but... alas, I'm still a little bit of a disaster since the move in Jan. This whole lockdown thing isn't helping me get it together either...

Hello,

I have a N x splendiana x (sibuyanensis x ventricosa) that is female and is flowering on two spikes. It would be great if we could split the seeds 50/50:). It would be cool if you could send a little bit of everything. Tell me what you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I don't know why the pics turned out sideways:-))

Attachments

• IMG_7389.jpg
    IMG_7389.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 34
  • image1 (24).jpg
    image1 (24).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Hello,

I have a N x splendiana x (sibuyanensis x ventricosa) that is female and is flowering on two spikes. It would be great if we could split the seeds 50/50:). It would be cool if you could send a little bit of everything. Tell me what you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I don't know why the pics turned out sideways:-))

Sure, pm me your addy.

pollen arrived safely, into cold storage until flower is ready. i feel so prepared unlike last time scrambling to get pollen last second XD

Sorry that this is a little bit off topic but how big do Nepenthes get before they flower specifically Nepenthes alata? One person told me that their sanguinea flowered when it was 4 feet tall and mine has not started vining yet though I suspect it will soon. My Nepenthes alata is a bit over 2 feet tall currently.

Sorry that this is a little bit off topic but how big do Nepenthes get before they flower specifically Nepenthes alata? One person told me that their sanguinea flowered when it was 4 feet tall and mine has not started vining yet though I suspect it will soon. My Nepenthes alata is a bit over 2 feet tall currently.

No problem.

It's been different for different Neps I've had, and I haven't had an alata grow out for me before so I don't have numbers for that one specifically. I can tell you some plants heights that I have bloomed though just to see the variety:

Male - N.aristo, about a meter
Male - N.platychila, about 2 meters
Female - N.ovata 3+ meters
Female - N.robcantleyii maybe a foot tall, but it might actually be a couple inches short of that
Male - N.hamata about a meter
Male - N.spectabilis x talangensis about 3 meters but the shorter (maybe foot tall) basals bloomed at the same time too
Male - N.tenuis 3+ meters
Male - N.inermis a meter to a meter and a half
Male - N.ventricosa x inermis a meter
Male - N.ventricosa x hamata about a meter
Female - N.izumiae x trusmadiensis about a foot and a half
Female - N.sibuyanensis x trusmadiensis about 2 feet to one meter
Female - N.ventricosa x trusmadiensis - so this one is interesting. I had a friend bloom a cutting that was all of 4 inches tall maaaybe but mine had to get to 2 meters to bloom
Female - N.thorelli x campanulata about a meter and a half
Female - N.boschiana x campanulata about a meter and a half

I think that's nearly everything I've bloomed. I'm pretty convinced it's actually an 'hours and intensity of light' thing more than a 'length/height' thing given the amount of plants I have blooming right now all of a sudden because they've gotten considerably less light this winter than they usually do and I've had an explosion of blooms. I have no idea for certain though. Not all of them have been vining when in bloom, but they're not necessarily viners too so... that doesn't really necessarily mean much.

Hello,

I just pollinated the bottom six flowers with pure hamata pollen. There wasn't much of the hamata pollen, so I only did six. When the other flowers open in a few days, I'll pollinate the middle section of the spike with hamata x platy and then the top with hamata x vent (I like hamata). I'll save the rest of the pollen for the other spike, which will start to open in around 1-2 weeks.

Back