User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 15

Thread: Available for USA: tenuis, ventrinermis, vent x hammy, and spec x talan pollen

  1. #1
    instigator thez_yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,326
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Available for USA: tenuis, ventrinermis, vent x hammy, and spec x talan pollen

    Do you need pollen? I can send you some, inside US only because I don't have permits.

    densiflora x robcantleyi pollen will be available in probably a couple of weeks.

    Lets do the usual 50/50 seed split seeing as how I've finally sprouted some Nep seeds!

  2. #2
    nepenthesl0ve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a nice female ventricosa x [ventricosa x (lowii x ventricosa)] getting ready to flower. already have a few doners but would love to add another. which pollen do you think would make the best babies?

    08FFE42E-B52A-4FF5-90EB-F35637C4B5FD by myles geishecker, on Flickr
    BEFFA0CA-69BD-4751-A481-0F1D256D3BA8 by myles geishecker, on Flickr
    lover of toothy species and hybrids

    Growlist

    highland tent

  3. #3
    instigator thez_yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,326
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a lot of vent in there!

    Depends on what size pitchers you want to get out of this? Tenuis'll make it smaller and maybe make it redder, ventrinermis will keep it the same size and probably not even affect the color, I actually just discovered the inermis still has a couple blooms going so I could send you some of that to make it more infundibular but it might shrink the pitchers a little, and vent x hammy and spec x talan is a craps shoot because they're 'normal' shaped pitchers of roughly the same height as your pitchers but a colorful mess Looking in my fridge I've got a little hamata pollen too but it's not as fresh - want more teeth? But hamata pitchers are a little on the small side at least on my plants.

  4. #4
    nepenthesl0ve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    That's a lot of vent in there!

    Depends on what size pitchers you want to get out of this? Tenuis'll make it smaller and maybe make it redder, ventrinermis will keep it the same size and probably not even affect the color, I actually just discovered the inermis still has a couple blooms going so I could send you some of that to make it more infundibular but it might shrink the pitchers a little, and vent x hammy and spec x talan is a craps shoot because they're 'normal' shaped pitchers of roughly the same height as your pitchers but a colorful mess Looking in my fridge I've got a little hamata pollen too but it's not as fresh - want more teeth? But hamata pitchers are a little on the small side at least on my plants.
    so far i have the following coming:
    lowii x campy
    veitchii striped
    lowii x gothica warped epristome
    maxima x truncata
    hamata
    ventricosa (going to try and see just how much one can water down a lowii before it becomes pure ventricosa again XD)

    so i guess either inermis or vent x inermis? maybe both?

    i should have more flowers coming in next month or two, male and female. collection starting to get viney
    lover of toothy species and hybrids

    Growlist

    highland tent

  5. #5
    instigator thez_yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,326
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthesl0ve View Post
    so far i have the following coming:
    lowii x campy
    veitchii striped
    lowii x gothica warped epristome
    maxima x truncata
    hamata
    ventricosa (going to try and see just how much one can water down a lowii before it becomes pure ventricosa again XD)

    so i guess either inermis or vent x inermis? maybe both?

    i should have more flowers coming in next month or two, male and female. collection starting to get viney
    Ok, I can send both. PM me your addy and I can put it in the mail.

  6. #6
    nepenthesl0ve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your inbox is full will try again later
    lover of toothy species and hybrids

    Growlist

    highland tent

  7. #7
    hcarlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO, USA
    Posts
    4,315
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it weren't for the fact that my 2nd female is just about to finish out flowers I'd ask for a little of almost everything; pollen seems to store well most of the time for me though and something is bound to bloom again within the year.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

  8. #8
    instigator thez_yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,326
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    If it weren't for the fact that my 2nd female is just about to finish out flowers I'd ask for a little of almost everything; pollen seems to store well most of the time for me though and something is bound to bloom again within the year.
    I wish I had it together to offer up pollen a week or two ago but... alas, I'm still a little bit of a disaster since the move in Jan. This whole lockdown thing isn't helping me get it together either...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LF n. tenuis
    By Jcal in forum Carnivorous Plant Trading Post
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2016, 09:38 AM
  2. N. max x (trunc x (spec x north) -EP, N. Trunc x (vent x aristo) for trade :)
    By dirtbiketina in forum Carnivorous Plant Trading Post
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 02:54 PM
  3. available pollen: vent x aristo
    By schloaty in forum Carnivorous Plant Trading Post
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 11:45 AM
  4. N. tenuis
    By ludwig777 in forum Tropical Pitcher Plants  (Nepenthes)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 08:35 PM
  5. Looking for n. ventrinermis
    By 123dhs in forum Carnivorous Plant Trading Post
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 09:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •