What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give Away Free: Drosera X 'Hercules' for Auction Donors and Bidders

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
I'm giving away 2 Drosera X 'Hercules' to anyone who bid or donated to the auction. Even if you didn't win, or if your item didn't get any bids, you are eligible.

I received 3 of these amazing plants from one of our spectacular forum members (for free! WHAT?!?!) and I want to continue to spread the love of plants! I'll keep one for myself, and I'm giving the other two away. The first one is large seedling size with multiple leaves and the second one is abut 1" to 1.5" tall.

To play for one of these Sundews, post up here and link an auction thread you bid on or donated. Your reply number will be your game number, so only post once. Next Friday (the 12th of June at 8pm) I'll take all the numbers and write them on pieces of paper. Then I'll ball them up, cup them in my hand and roll them at one of my cats. The first balled up paper to be sniffed or batted at will win the small Drosera X 'Hercules' and the second to be sniffed or batted will win the larger Drosera X 'Hercules'. Filming the event is more work than I want to do, so you'll have to take my word for it.

If you won one of my auctions, and don't mind waiting, I can add your winning 'Hercules' to the box and you won't have to pay extra shipping!

Shipping is $8 for Priority (2 to 3 day mail) and I'll take paypal or a postal money order.

Good Luck and thanks for Donating and Bidding on this years auction! :D

Last edited:
PAID (LordJosmar $17) blackberry Could you put a little catnip on my ball:biggrin-new:?
I like how you're trying to get an advantage . . . but I won't be adding any catnip. lol

For you, no extra shipping . . . if you win, it'll be shipped with your Auction orchids!

My pleasure! I want to reward those who participated in the Auction! :D

Alright everyone! Tomorrow (Friday at 8pm) my cats will choose the 2 winners! There is still time for bidders and donors to get in on the action!

Well I'm a little late getting here . . . hope nobody is waiting on me!

Now, I'm going to write everyone's name on small pieces of paper, ball them up and throw them at one of my cats. She will pick the first one, then I'll take the rest, and my other cat will pick the second one!
I'll be back in a few minutes with the results! :D

Last edited:
First picked (with a sniff): Carnivore2!
Congrats! You'll get the small Drosera X 'Hercules'! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Second picked (also by sniff): sangrocks101! And no catnip was required!
Congrats, you get the larger Drosera X 'Hercules'!

I'll PM you both now, just send me the shipping $$$ and I'll get the plants shipped next week!

Thanks everyone for donating and/or bidding on this years auction!

Last edited:
I'm behind on shipping, but I'll get them out Thursday (the 18th) and they will be packed to arrive alive even if they get stuck in shipping over the weekend.

I finally shipped the 2 plants out today (Monday the 29th)! Sorry for the wait! Enjoy them and happy growing! :D

Back