What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (trade) Monsteras?

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
I've been into Monsteras for a good 20 years. I've got one of those half-white 'deliciosa's that's supposedly actually borsiginiana these days and a regular old small pot of adansonii. Got any other species with fenestrations for trade? I'll trade fresh cuttings of mine for some of yours. I saw the price on esqueleto and on those variegated adansoniis and decided I'd rather keep both kidneys and try to trade instead :lol:

Lemme send you a pm, I have a few that aren’t on your list

The adansonii are quite cool --- especially the variegated ones. But you're right about the prices. The amount of $ folks are dropping on such things is just insane, IMO. But if you have the cash and don't mind spending a buttload for a single leaf cutting ... who am I to criticize? heh

How do you know what the variety is? I have a 20+ Year plant growing up my palm tree. It produces nice fruit, but all I know is it is a Monstera Deliciosa.

variegated aroids are in fashion. As stated, people are giving up body parts for the dirt that once held a varigated Monstera Deliciosa Thai Constellation. The funny thing is that the demand is driven by people that are better off buying faux plants because they don't have the patience for the craft. I respect what you are doing to spread desirable plants among those in the community. I have a friend whose commercial greenhouse is regularly pilfered for these types of plants. He is only really upset because he knows that the cuttings he was rooting are going to die instead of being in the care of someone that took the time to talk to him about it and maybe gotten a discount.

I have a common M Deliciosa and a M Adesonii and lots of types of philodendron and pothos :grin:

Back