What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia seed extravaganza

I sent SASE today
smile.gif
Thanks, I love seeds

SASE on the way.  I'm brand new here, and have only had a small experience with CPs back when I was in high school.  I purchased a couple of different pitcher type plants (don't remember names) from my local Home Base, but did not have the appropriate setup to keep them live for more than a couple of months.

What I am doing now is taking a 200 Gal tank I have that was damaged when moving.  I don't trust it to hold much water any more, so I think would make an awesome terrarium.  My wife bought me some seeds for VFT off of eBay when I made a comment about the Taco Bell commercial that shows the plant eating and drinking.  There are supposed to be 15 seeds in the pack, so I plan to try to get a couple of them started this fall, and will not let it go dormant until next winter.

I appreciate the offer for the seeds, and can't wait to get my setup going.  I hope to be able to reciprocate sometime in the not so distant future.

Thanks again,

Jeremy

A 200 gallon tank and 15 VFT seeds?  Now THAT is overkill.
wink.gif

BTW, SASE was sent a couple days ago.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jhaluska @ Sep. 30 2003,3:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A 200 gallon tank and 15 VFT seeds?  Now THAT is overkill.
wink.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Overkill, yes, for now...  
biggrin.gif
  Turning that tank into a plant habitat was an afterthought.  I didn't want to throw that tank out, so I thought about getting a reptile of some sort to keep in it.  But when I stumbled upon this forum while looking for VFT care instructions, I kind of put two and two together in my mind and...  You see where that went.

Hehehe! Warning, once you start collecting them, you can't stop!

You have been warned!
tounge.gif

SF
rolleyes.gif

Another CP addict is about to be born....

I'm send a sase tomorrow. Thanks a lot!!!

-buckeye

My SASE is on its way there. Is there a guide somewhere to germination and sowing the seeds?

I think I've gotten 14 SASE's already, with still 8 days to go. I'm going to guess that everyone will get around 5 pkts. each. I do want to mention, that due to the randomness of seed pkt. selection, some may get duplicates of a certain cross.

hey man, you crazy? i just apperciate that your doing this for me.
tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey man, you crazy?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

He sure is, LosFreddy. He sure is. We all are!

And it's spreading......

wink.gif

Did you get mine yet? It would say "N.Gantnier general delivery Houston Missouri.

Nope, haven't gotten that one. I was planning on posting a list soon to show all I've gotten so far.

Hmm.I sent it last saturdayhmm.If you don`t get it by the 10th well could you send me some seeds anyway since it wouldn`t be my fault since I sent it 2 weeks before the 10th? thanks.pond boy

Pondboy-
It has only been 5 days. Although it should have arrived by now it is possible that it hasn't yet. If it doesn't make it today you can still put another in the mail on Saturday and it should arrive before the 10th. For an extra $.74 it would be worth sending a second one rather than having Sarracenia incur the costs of envelope, stamp and time to mail out seed when he specifically requested SASE.
Tony

It seems to me that mail from certain parts of the country takes a long time to get here, sometimes. Why, I don't know. Almost all of my relatives are in WI and it takes over a week sometimes to get letters from them. Whereas it seems something from California will get here in 3 days at most. Maybe stuff from CA is flown to the E. coast, while stuff from the midwest is delivered via truck.

No,what I was saying is could he reserve whatever he would have given me if the envelope doesn`t get there in time.Also I wasn`t saying it has been 2 weeks I`m saying on the 10th it would be 2 weeks.Do ya get what I`m sayin`?

Pond boy,

I fully understand everything in your statement.

"could you send me some seeds anyway"

This sure doesn't say could you reserve them until I can get another SASE to you. Maybe that's what you meant and if so then in the future be more careful what words you choose.

Tony

Here's who I've gotten SASE's from so far (initials and city).

PE, Thousand Oaks, CA
AE, Dunkirk, NY
JH, Caldwell, ID
EG, Waldo, OH
DF, Spring Grove, IL
TW, Stone Mtn., GA
MD, Brewerton, WA
KP, Enumclaw, WA
LG, Pompano Beach, FL
AB, Tucson, AZ
OF, Bellmore, NY
FF, Katy, TX
BM, Wallingford, CT
RW, Hastings, NE
DS, Brewster, NY
JH, Budd Lake, NJ
BG, Atlanta, GA
CS, Richfield, MN
CT, Boca Raton, FL

oh dude! Thank you so much. At least i know my SASE made it. Hey, im really greatful that your doing this for me.. and us
tounge.gif

This will really me help out on getting a good start on CPs

Back