What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capensis - free sase/no trade needed

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cynic81 @ Sep. 30 2003,08:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how long does it take for capensis seeds to germinate?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
To germinate, I have gotten seed to germinate in as little as 10 days, and as long as 4 weeks. I have heard it can sometimes take longer. It depends on how fresh the seeds are I believe. If you mean to ripen, that I am not sure of as my capensis is just now sending up its first flower stalk.

Steve

I still do not have seeds
sad.gif
mad.gif
. The stem is turning brown now. Should I still wait or squeeze the flowers? I also have a napkin under the flowers with no sign of seeds.

I should have waited to post this topic. So sorry for the wait.

Travis

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schloaty @ Aug. 26 2003,8:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Collecting seeds is easy...once the seed pods turn brown, keep a close eye on them...they will eventually start to split open.  At this point, tap them gently onto a plain white piece of paper, and the seeds will just fall out.
   Good luck![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
i think you should wait.. i dont know nothing about sowing seeds., but i think Schloaty already answered that
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Travis,
I would tap it gently over a peice of white paper every day until you start to see tiny black specs fall out onto the paper.

Just a note of caution...while capensis readily self seed, they don't always, even with a little help they sometimes fail...also, some times one flower will work, and the next not work....
I'd be willing to bet that at least a couple of the ripening buds will have seeds. They'll start to fall out to the tapping method once the seed pod is all brown, or very shortly there after.

Well I was gone for the weekend and my flower stalk just fell. I will give it a few taps and see what will happens. I will keep youz updated.

Thanks,
Travis

Well I tapped the flowers a few black thingys came down...if they are seeds great or just a part of the dead flower I do not know. I will ship out the seeds Thrusday or so. It is free shipping for who asked so can not complain, I guess.
sad.gif
I tried...??? I feel like crap. Next time I am not saying anything until I know for a fact I have seeds.

Good Luck!
Travis

Dont sweat it, dude. Im not really too worried about it right now. That happenes sometimes. You can keep or trade, or do whatever with my portion of the seeds (that is, if they are seeds
tounge.gif
).

Hi Travis,
i've juz joined this community. I do not have any capensis yet. Hope you could spare me some. Thanks.

I can send you some D. capensis seed for a SASE. Send it to:

Tamlin Dawnstar
42 East Oneida Street
Oswego, New York 13126

along with a note requesting this species.

Hi,
Can I have some seeds? Where do you live?
Thanks,
Jason

Back