What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, since the Sarracenia seed season is almost here....

I really like growing carnivorous plants from seed. So this winter I would like to sow as many kinds of Sarracenia seeds, hybrids and species, as I can. I have a few species of seed currently for trade, but I can also trade some plants for the seed.

I am also interested in temperate Drosera and Pinguicula seeds.

Let Me Know
Mike

I have some leucophylla seed, if you are interested.

Keep an eye on this trading post. In about six weeks, or whenever I harvest the final seed pod waiting to ripen, I plan on having a big giveaway here. I have kind of a unique idea planned. I won't have any species, but all hybrids from crosses I performed this past spring. Unfortunately, squirrels (I'm assuming) nabbed several developing seed pods from some unique crosses, but I should have around 10-15 different ones available, provided there are no more losses.

Sarracenia, let me be the first to say...WOO HOO!!!
wink.gif

Ok, all you have to do is get a plant big enough to eat a squirrel...

... with acorn-scented nectar
tounge.gif

And there are already sarras big enough to eat squirrels. anyone seen gardenofeden's flava?

SIGN ME UP PLEASE!

Probably mice got the seed pods. They are notorious for this. Grasshoppers are bad to eat a developing ovary too.

GardenofEden Flava! Show me!

I'll be waiting too!!!

Heres a link to the picture that I think you're looking for, SarraceniaObsessed.
Tallest Pitcher

SF

That would have to be one really skinny squirrel.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. Thats one tall pitcher. And look at how small the pot looks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 10 2003,3:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok, now lets not start another squirrel riot
wink.gif
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Yeah, no sence in get squirrely over squirrels again.
wink.gif
Once a year's enough
rolleyes.gif

I am still interested in this subject.

One of the more interesting seeds I have is
D.filformsis "red"

Mike

hello, I have Drosera rotundifolia seeds that I have colleted from a nearby bog here in Norway if you want to trade...

Back