What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. purpurea var. venosa

I have a very nice S. purpurea var. venosa with at least 20 pitchers to trade for S. purpurea var. purpurea or other S. species or other interesting plant. I can email a photo if you're interested.

hi, i dont have any cps to trade but i do have a very interesting suculent that grows baby plants at the tips of its leaves(bryophilium),some varigated water celery , purple stemed taro,floating heart and tropical water lily seeds.

Hey guys,
Just to avoid confusion, it is S. purpurea SSP. venosa. Venosa is a subspecies of purpurea, as is S.purpurea ssp. purpurea. A variety would be like: S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. montana.

Cole

Thanks Cole. I'm more accustomed to referring to varieties of orchid species and completely blanked out the distinction that a venosa is a subspecies.

By the way, I'm only trading this because I don't want to have a mature specimen of the southern subspecies here in the range of the northern subspecies. So I won't be sending it to anyone else this far north. I've been removing blooms the last couple years, even though there probably aren't any native S. purpurea ssp purpureas to be pollinated within a few miles. Maybe I should also be concerned about creating leucophylla x purpurea, etc., hybrids, but I don't expect them to be very successful.

hi, so are you interested in my bryophilium for a trade? i could send you 100 plantlets or 1 1 1\2 foot tall specimen for a trade. p.s. I live in southern missouri

Back