What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terresterials  bladderwort

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I'm looking for a terresterial bladderwort to put in my bog.  I'm not sure which species will be best for me. My bog is in full sun most of the day. I need a species that will go dormant in the winter.

Even if you don't have a species to trade, I'd like to hear input that you have on any species that you think will perfect for my bog.

If you are just looking for something that will grow easy I'd say U. subulata. Just remember that it has earned its reputation as a weed and if you try to grow other Utrics with it it will more than likely swarm over them

U. cornuta and U. resupinata are Temperate N. American terrestrial species that might be worth a try.

Bisquamata is quite pretty and grows very easily in my outdoor bog. I can send you lots of seed or some starts if you are interested
smile.gif

-noah

I'm looking for a weed-like bladderwort, something that I can forget and it'll be ok. I'm in ohio.

Noah where do you live and will Bisquamata survive the winters here?

Thanks guys

Ozzy, would you like some U. Livida. It grows rapidly and thrives.

sure let me know what you want in return.

Back