What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm looking for some other Cps... I like nepenthes, sarracenias and flytraps of course but i also like drosera, the ones that grow to over an inch without difficulty, but the bigger the better. But I am easily tempted, so try me!
biggrin.gif

This is what I have to trade, most of them are multiple:
S. x'Scarlett belle'
S. purpurea ssp. venosa

N. sanguinea
N. rafflesiana

and for fly traps I have 'Dantate', 'Clumping cultivar' and typical

send me an e-mail if interested at siberian_tiggy@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Syble

Hi Syble,
Welcome to the forums!

Please note the trading rules posted at the top of these forum. You're not allowed to trade plants that PFT (exotic gardens, the hosts of this forum) sells, as it may take away from their business.
For example, PFT sells S. purpurea (ssp. venosa), so you shouldn't offer that one, but S. x 'Scarlette Bell' is fine, since it's not offered here.

Hope you stick around! You'll learn a lot here!
smile.gif

email sent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could be wrong, but I think the wrigleyana that PFT sells is 'Scarlett Belle'.  One that I got in a grab bag last year looks an awful lot like 'Scarlett Belle'.

Kind of like the leucophylla 'red' they used to sell is actually registered under the name 'Dana's Delight'.

Sarracenia,
I have no idea! If you're right, then I gave a bad example!

Have to ask Phil....

Actually, aren't they inverse crosses.  

It's fine.  Besides, scarlett belle would be a cultivar, where as wrigleyana would be a hybrid, would it not?

I'm going to the sarracenia forum for this.
tounge.gif

Scarlett Belle is a cultivar of a particular clone of wrigleyana. That is, someone crossed leuco with psitt, picked one particular plant from that batch of seeds and named it Scarlet Belle. Any seed grown from a leuco x psitt (or psitt x leuco) cross can be referred to as x wrigleyana. However, only clones of Scarlet Belle (divisions, tissue culture, etc.) can be called Scarlet Belle. If you self-pollinated a flower of Scarlet Belle, the seeds can not be called Scarlet Belle. You could refer to them as Scarlet Belle F2, but most of them wouldn't bear much resemblence to Scarlet Belle.

AHA! Thanks Sarracenia!
So I was right. You can offer up x 'Scarlet Belle' for trade.

Oh dear. I get to play "Devil's Advocate". I think someone should ask Phil, but I am pretty sure the S. x wrigleyana from here is "Scarlette Belle" clone.

Joe

Back