What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead beat traders list updated.

• Thread starter RamPuppy
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry,

It is not to bad he was banned. You had a good experience, someone else got screwed.

He's gone and I have no remorse or sadness over banning him. People like Nethaniel are the LAST type of people we need in our community. There are better choices to trade with.

Harsh, but true.

I never knew him, but that seemed kind of harsh. Oh well, atleast now this community is safer
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (trinity-nights @ April 30 2003,5:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I never knew him, but that seemed kind of harsh.  Oh well, atleast now this community is safer
smile.gif
.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
How could you think that was kind of harsh having never known him?
confused.gif

This individual RAG is a very weird and clever individual. I dealt with him for quite some time and it was just a series of lies and deceit. I would just warn everyone to watch out for his trademark signs (in case he slithers back on the forum somehow): constantly makes promises which contradict each other; said many times that he mailed payment to wrong address and it got returned to him; tries to divert your attention; tries to make you feel sorry for him when he can't pay for shipping; starts a transaction with eager enthusiasm and quickly becomes distant by not returning correspondences once he is sure his aim is reached.
I would say beware of anyone asking for you to send a plant if shipping is promised, BEFORE they can send you payment.
RAG I know you are out there, you tried to ruin this forum and I think your behavior is DEPLORABLE.

Thank you to EVERYONE else I traded with, you truly are all the best.

Ludwig

Ludwig,
Unfortunately he HAS slithered back into the forums, we should do a ip bann this time, PM me if you want to know what his new name is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (trinity-nights @ April 30 2003,2:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I never knew him, but that seemed kind of harsh.  Oh well, atleast now this community is safer
smile.gif
.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Oh, you never knew him? And no, it isn't safer, as you just slithered back into the forums.
mad.gif
yes, that is not a typo, you slithered back into the forums. Happy trading Nathaniel
wink.gif

-Spec

ouch....I could feel that one.

Trinity Nights has been banned.

Just so you all know, we were pretty sure it was him within hours of his joining, we just have to make sure before we go ban someone.

We have his IP addresses and now that we are dead sure, will will be catching him faster next time. We will not put up with his type of people here, and I am writing his parents letters. Ludwig, will you e-mail me the address you have? I will get his Alaskan address out of the petflytrap database. I am sure his parents will be so proud. Havin a son commit mail fraud and theft is surely one of the heights all parents strive to for their children.

ANy how, I want you to know the mods were out there watching... we were investigating any public attempts to trade, if you ever suspect a trade, please PM the mods, we share our suspicions on who is who, and if trading is advised.

Also, I want to encourage you all to shun banned members both here, and on chat if you know who they are, don't go actively slamming them, just don't talk to them, ignore banned members and report them to me.

Because of the way Chat is setup, we can not police it effectively, we are probably going to have to take it down forever because of little theives like Nethaniel, Petflytrap will not support their efforts at defrauding it's members, and if we have to take chat down, we will.

Unfortunately, again because of people like Nethaniel, it may soon become impossobile to register and use the site under a hotmail, yahoo, or other web-mail type account. I know there are litterally hundreds of you using these accounts out there, and I don't want to take steps alienate our good upstanding members, but banning 'free' mail accounts is one of the fastest way to cut down on trolls. For now, this is perpetually in the future, but if the problem continues or grows, we may have to go there.

Another reason of course, to ignore the bad, and stick with the good.

Also, please do not let your suspicion overtake you when it comes to new members, these people like Nethaniel always give themseleves away, and the mods and I are armed with IP addresses and other goodies they are just not smart enough to get around, we are guarding you, so please don't feel you have to suck up into yourselves to be safe. Remember we are always here to help.

As long as we can get in and modify our e-mail to a paid type e-mail account, the banning of 'free' mail accounts won't be to bad. Many ISPs provide an e-mail account as part of their service.

It need not be that intrusive- just preventing any NEW users from signing up with a free account will maintain the status quo, without being a nuisance. I'm sure the mods already thought of that, though.
smile.gif

In this case it's also a Federal Felony.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We have his IP addresses and now that we are dead sure, will will be catching him faster next time. We will not put up with his type of people here, and I am writing his parents letters. Ludwig, will you e-mail me the address you have? I will get his Alaskan address out of the petflytrap database. I am sure his parents will be so proud. Havin a son commit mail fraud and theft is surely one of the heights all parents strive to for their children.
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Ram, just a thought....back from my school days of mis-behaving....

How are you going to be sure that the letter you write will make it to the parrents, and not get intercepted and torn up by that little gremlin?

Since this is a federal offense (as copper pointed out), maybe having the COPS contact the parrents would be a little more effective? Not sure if this is practical...I've never had to report someone to the police....
confused.gif

2 parents, 2 addresses, 2 different states. Even if a 'little gremlin' snatches one letter I doubt it can hop a plane and catch the second one

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2 parents, 2 addresses, 2 different states[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
NICE!

Man, I wish I could be there when the manure hits the fan!  What a show!  Who's selling tickets?....
confused.gif

Looks like it came back to bite him in the butt.

Her actually, as it was recently pointed out to me, Nethaniel, is a she.

Any how, things are not so simple that we cna just stop new members from registering with free accounts... trust me, I am looking in to ways to make it harder for some people to sneak back in.

but you know, in the same vein, we have actually allowed a couple of people to think they have snuck back in to see if they will modify their behavior and play nice, and it has worked out for the better a couple times.

Demi Nethaniels case is different, thievery is a serious flaw in charachter, and is obviously a violation of the law, we can not, and will not ever let her be a part of this board again.

are you sure he/she is a she? I thought he said he was a he in the chat room...
confused.gif

what about a IP-Bann?

Darn it. If i cant say it there, I'll say it here. Ludwig, your money has been sent, and I would apreciate a modest apology for the nasty things you said about me once you recieve it. That goes for you too Ram! You take things too personally! I think it's aweful, all the judgements you made. Now I'm here to pass judgement on you all. It's rediculous how you just go and judge people without even communicating with them. It's sickening!

And another thing. I understand your all thinking that I'm no good, but thats no excuse. It really just isnt right. Im gone, and may we all finally be at peace.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JUDGEMENT DAY @ May 13 2003,02:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it's aweful, all the judgements you made.  Now I'm here to pass judgement on you all.  It's rediculous how you just go and judge people without even communicating with them.  It's sickening![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
But it's ok for you to commit mail fraud and steal people's money? Belive me the jugement about you is clear. I also belive it is appropriate to lock this to prevent a possible ugly situation from developing. Dont' come back either.
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back