What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*raises hand* Ohh me me me!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

I got mine today, and emailed you exactly what they were. Thanks again, Tamlin!
biggrin.gif

Capslock

Tamlin,
I am sending you another SASE for some gemmae you have avalible now
save my other one until right before christmas and send it(wich will make it a even better christmas)
tounge.gif

LMK
Thanks
Oliver
P.S. if you need any help just Let Me Know
wink.gif

WARNING!!

I received some crushed gemmae today. It looks like some will make it so it will be fine. However, this can be stopped. I did think of it earlier and should have.

If you put "HAND CANCEL" on the envelope (both sides) it alerts the post office not to send it through the machine. We should all include this on our SASE. Hope it helps.

NG I am looking at placing a VERY LARGE order for plastic baggies. To do so I have to buy something like 29,000. They are very cheap that way. If I do so I will send a good supply to all the regular freebie suppliers. They will only be the small ones however. I will let you know when I get them.

Tamlin
I wanted to ask you somthing
i saw a post on using 3-4" PVC pip for pots for drosera
i made 2 to try it out and the gemmae "seem" to be sprouting and growing well
each pot is about 7" tall with a cheep test cap glued to the bottom with holes drilled
i was wondedering if this is the best way if i don't have tall pots?
LMK
thanks
Oliver
P.S. COPPER i just sent out your byblis seed
biggrin.gif

Hey Tamlin,

I got my gemmae today! You sent a whole LOT of the D. Paleacea spp. ??#1, it took me 10 minutes to pick them all out and lay them on the soil!

SF

I got mine! thank-you. And if you could send me some d.ocidentalis I would have room for it! Is the utric you sent me a subulata?

Pondboy,

I'll see what I can do for you with the D. occidentalis: I expect more gemmae from my plants. The Utricularia is U. subulata as per your request.

As for picking out the gemmae, you have some idea what I am going through. Multiply that by 1000! Oh my aching back.

Oliver,

The pipe pots are a fine idea I think, but may not be needed for the easier species. I grow them in 4 inch pots with no problem: this includes the D. paleacea ssp.'s and the D. nitidula varieties along with D. pulchella.

The next batch of gemmae is going out tomorrow: among them are D. callistos which may or may not prove to be the true species. I can't say as my plants did not flower last season, but I am reasonably sure of the ID.

ALso going out are some units of D. paleacea ssp. trichocaulis. Again, it may not prove to be the correct ssp. but time will work this out.

Thanks go to Joe Laverich who has provided some gemmae from his harvest. I will be sending this out as well.

Please contact me when your gemmae arrives, and if you want more (and do not still have a SASE on file with me) let me know what species you have already received.

This season things are going easier for me, but there is always a chance that something will fall through the cracks.
Please let me know if I have forgotten you.

My offer remains open to all interested parties. Plants should continue to produce through this month and the next, and probably into January. None of the D. pulchella have formed gemmae yet, these typically come much later in the season.

Stay in touch!

Thanks for the gemmae you already sent me... Fingers are crossed for germination.
smile.gif

Hi tamlin
Did you recieve my other SASE yet
LMK
thanks
Oliver

Yes Oliver I did. I should be able to post you a nice selection next week. I can't use the box you provided to mail them though, as that would mean another trip to the post office. I do all my mailing in envelopes from my own home box. Thanks for your patience.

email received
Happy gemmae harvest
laugh.gif

Giancarlo

Did you get my addy? I emailed you!

Here I`ll pm. it to you on the cpukforum.

Tamlin,

Thank you for the gemmae, which I received in the mail a couple of days ago. They arrived in very good shape, so I am hoping that most of them will grow. I planted them immediately in containers that were prepared in advance. I certainly didn’t expect to receive so many varieties of pygmy Drosera. Your overwhelming generosity is exceeded only by your intelligence and good looks.

Back