What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great! Thanks again william! So how many did you send me? (will there be enough so that I can give my friend (also named william lol.) who is interested in starting to grow cps some? and are they an easy enough species for a "newbie"/) Thanks "pond boy".:D

Pond boy, just make sure you're ready for them! Have some rinsed peat and sand ready. You'll want to plant them right away. I don't know how many there will be, but as long as you treat them right, they should be newbie-friendly!
smile.gif

Capslock

This is the easiest species going Pondboy, and a very beautiful one too. I sent you about 20-30 gemmae, and if this isn't enough, just have William send me a sase with the request: paleacea. Each gemmae has a 95% chance of making a plant.

Many other single SASES were also sent at the same time, so many of you will have the gemmae by the weekend. If you cant immediately sow the gemmae, place them in the fridge where they should keep about 1-2 weeks. Viability drops over time, and sharply after 2 weeks.

Plants are shaping up well and gemmae are now forming on D. nitidula ssp. alantostigma, D. ericksoniae x pulchella, D. paleacea ssp. #2, D. occidentalis var. "Beermullah". If you have a SASE on file and want this immediately (or soon as possible) send me an email...or you can continue to wait for more species to produce. If you have more than one envelope still on file, I will likely send you all 4 of these in the next week or so, and fill your other envelopes as the season progresses.

There is no way I can keep track of what I have sent to whom, so please help me by letting me know whenever your gemmae arrive, and what you received. Also tell me if you want more, or are all filled up. Thanks for helping me keep it straight.

Also, if anyone wished unidentified gemmae to experiment with just let me know and I will include a quantity of this as well.

Hi Tamlin
I was wondeirng if you have recieved my SASE yet
LMK
Thanks
Oliver

Yes Oliver I have your SASE. Your instructions say to wait to send a variety I believe. Currently I can send the D. palacea ssp? #1, and D. nitidula ssp nitidula x occidentalis "Carbarup form" More species will be produced over the next several weeks.

i know that this has nothing to do with the gemmae, but the seeds you sent me have arrived saftly. the packaging was superbe (i mean padded packages for D. spatulata
wow.gif
, don't see that often) and the time was the fastest ive known. thank you again. Zongyi
wink.gif

ok, now i have to thank Tamlin more. turns out that theres 6 packs of seeds in the mail that Tamlin sent me! its funny that the spatulata was in the biggest bag and thats the only one i thought there was, and i put it back into the mail and in the fridge. well, i then asked Tamlin on a word on the package, "Beenau" or something, and i had to check the word. so when i reached into the mail, i pulled out another bag of drosera seeds. gave me quite a shock for i was not expecting it
wow.gif
. thanks a whole bunch. this is just to show how generous Tamlin is, i asked for spatulata and he gives me a whole bunch of seeds. thanks again. Zongyi
biggrin.gif

If you could i would like mine saved till later and only send gemmae from plants that are suitible for a begginer(as i have very little experiance growing these plants)

LMK
thanks
Oliver
P.S. my fisrt to gemmae's ar starting to sprout YIPEEE
biggrin.gif

Oliver,

Will do, and thanks for being honest about your abilities: a lot of times people ask for what they have no hope of being able to grow. I will be sure to send you a nice assortment, and the good news is my all time favorite pygmy also happens to be one of the easiest to grow!

Hi Tamlin
Thanks a million
i try to be honest(most of the time anyways
biggrin.gif

thanks
Oliver

Has anyone received gemmae yet? If so, please email me and let me know what I sent to you so I can keep track of what else I might send.

Thank you.

Did you ship mine out yet?

Haven`t gotten mine yet *anxiousley checks mail every day at 2 o`clock*.:)

I got mines today
biggrin.gif
, packed nicely but its a pain in the butt to try to get those gemmae out the bag with out squishing them . I got d. paleacea ssp ? #1 , i don't know what the 1 means but i can't wait til the gemmae sprout
biggrin.gif

Thanks a BUNCH Tamlin for your generosity !
smile.gif

WoooHooo! Good news today: a grower on the listserve has asked me to redistribute his harvest along with mine. I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch, but it looks good!
Stay tuned for further updates. There are some rare and beautiful species included in the promise! I will post notice when I have them in hand.

All my D. paleacea subspecies are being sent with a ? this season, as I am not confident with my ID's. There are some 5 subspecies within the species. I hate to see the go to waste for want of the name. I have promises of accuratly ID'd gemmae this season, and I will grow them and post the photos in the spring which should sort it out for all concerned.

As to did I send them yet, I regret I do not have time to record who I sent to. I have well over a hundred requests to fill, and no time for bookeeping. If you placed a SASE with me and told me to wait for a variety then probably not. If you didn't I may have sent them.

As posted above, email me when they arrive, and include a list of what I have sent if you wish additional species. Further SASE's will not be needed thanks to the great generosity of other Forum members. Have no fear, there will be plenty to go around as I am likely to receive other harvests to redistribute along with my own gemmae as the season progresses. It is still early in the season! None of my D. pulchella have begun to produce as yet and I expect other harvests to be sent to me, as in previous years.

Man, I LOVE this time of year!

Another flock of envelopes were sent out this morning. Included in this batch are gemmae of D. occidentalis ssp. australis "Warriup Form" which is now extinct in habitat according to Phill Mann who found the original population. I sent approx. 10 gemmae: these are very small, and typically slow to sprout. I wish you all well with them. This species prefers a deeper pot, as it is one of the more "summer sensitive" species. It makes very small and frail rosettes. Good luck, and please let me know when they arrive and include 1) whatever else I have sent to you in your email and 2) if you still have room and desire for more species. Those with multiple SASES still on file can expect more species to follow.

The gemmae from the other grower's harvest mentioned above should reach me this week, and I will keep you informed.

Tamlin do you need more bags?

Copper, did you ever recieve the baggies I sent you? Its been a while and I don't recall if you told me you got them or not.

Casper

I always can use baggies, LOL! What I really need now is a secretary!

Back