What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. scorpioides gemmae

I will get a new pic of mine tonight. The are well over an inch tall. Mine are at 12.5 hours of light, about four inches under four florescents. They are in tall pots in about two inches of water.

Sorry people. No more gemmae for this season. Thanks for all the responses. I sent out approximately 50 batches of these all together.

Some of the differences I have noticed between the two batches of D. scorpioides (the Vic Brown batch and the Cephalouts88 batch) were:

The gemmae on the Vic Brown batch were slightly larger and these plants produced half again as many gemmae.

The tips of the gemmae from the Cephalouts88 batch tended to have a reddish color where they were atached to the plant and the others were more of a brown or almost colorless.

The most noticable difference so far is that the Cephalouts88 batch of plants I grow had their new leaves out 2½ weeks earlier than the Vic Brown plants. This could be linked to the amount of energy needed to produce all those gemmae. Gemmae production is an energy draining process, so the plants may have needed more time to recouperate and put out leaves.

And to clarify and hopefully prevent confusion in the future when this post is read. The "Vic Brown" and "Cephaloytus88" names are for record keeping purposes to keep the two sets of plants seperate from each other. Since I don't know whether these plants are the same type (pink flowered or white flowered) or not, I do think they are at least from different original clones based on the differences in growth and gemmae formation.

smile.gif

BCK

Back