What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go again!

OK, here we go. I have two packs of D. Anglica CA X HI F2 seeds for SASE. How do you get them? Post here of your interest and I'll PM you my address.

SF

A little history on this species: this is a man made hybrid created by Ivan Snyder, and is a tropical form requiring no dormancy as is typical for temperate D. anglica.

Thank you Tamlin, even I didn't know that!

SF
biggrin.gif

I would like some!

All gone! Thanks for the interest folks!

SF

I am currently growing this plant from seed. It seems to be a bit touchy for me. Mine are in a peat/perlite mixture and planted in a 3" pot. They are very tiny and have not grown very much. The only exception is one has grown to about the size of a U.S. 50 cent piece, but only has 3 leaves. Does anyone have any tips?

I grow mine in chopped LFS and perlite/sand. Mine grow very well like this.

Cole

Nick

I grow mine in pure LFS, average temperature 80 degrees, humidity over 70%, 6 inches under two 4ft 6000k fluorescent light bulbs. They are not getting any color, I'm afraid, but are producing a lot of dew. Having never grown from seed, I can't really help you there.

SF

SF,

This hybrid went through a number of selfing generations before Ivan released it. It’s unlikely that your seed is anywhere near the F2 generation.

Well, there's something ELSE new about this plant. The plant has been Ided as D. Nidiformis, so the F2 can be dropped anyway.

Thanks for the information, this is one quirky plant!

SF

Back