What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for "RED PIRANHA"

Joe, you were there? I didn't know! There were plenty of red pirahnas fresh out of tissue culture available. You didn't notice me, the guy with the name tag that said Larry? lol
wink.gif
If I knew you were there, I would've introduced you to all the other pft members that were there. So who were you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fre8train @ Feb. 24 2004,22:15)]I thought I looked all around at everything but I guess I was just too consumed with all the other plants and stuff.  I was on the lookout for vft but there seemed to be everything but them that day. lots of ping and dews. Maby I was just overwhelmed.  I wish I knew this Ed Read or some of the other people. The only cp enthusiests I know are from here and nobody goes by those names.  Next time I am just going to wear a tag that says Fre8train that way when I see all the people from here they will all say hi. Where were yours at derosadude.
Now really isn't a time when most people want to show off their VFTs, :p they do not look good when they wake up in the morning.

its hard to explain on what I look like I think I had a backwards hat on and thats what I look like I will put a picture in my profile and maby I can put a face to all the names. too bad its not for two more months.

you mean too early in spring I cant wake up good either, only the fake light gets to show off this early in the morning

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fre8train @ Feb. 23 2004,14:42)]I looked at the lacp meeting and there was no piranha in sight does anybody know where there is another place to look for one.
Strange... A few dozen 'Red Piranha' managed to find their way into my bag.
wink.gif
I'll try to bring some to the next meeting.

It was good to meet some of the newer members at the meeting. I know I ran into Tim, Joe , Jonathan, and the 'dude. Did I miss anyone?

Forbes, as far as I know, Droseradude, captaindrosera and fr8train showed up, along with the existing pft members you already know.

How are you keeping the red piranhas? I got them buried in live sphagnum, with plastic wrap covering the container, and 1 hole poked into it. It seems happy.

Thanks, Larry. It looks like I left captaindrosera off the list.

I planted the 'Red Piranhas' individually in various sand/peat mixtures. The pots are in sealed plastic bags. Dionea are much harder to deal with ex-vitro than Pinguicula. Most plants have numerous heavily-bruised leaves from being washed.

My red dragon was really small, but it had 3 nice traps. It was on the right forward side of the table if you were standing in front of the whiteboard, and was with a big nep. dont remember any vfts, even dormant ones

The clump was too big, I didn't have time to separate out each one. Acclimating tc vft's is a bit tough. I got some 'big mouths' from Ed a while back, they never grew big. But those where some whack plants, they didn't grow for nobody. Don't know if it was because of tc or not.

Back