What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White or exotic VFT's

Hey, I saw a website with wierd VFT mutations, I saw one with a white VFT, I was wondering if any of you have wierd VFT Mutations to trade? I have a few good plants to trade

Not only did you take and post the picture, but you also edited the copyright information off the lower left corner.  I'm pretty sure that violates more than a few laws.

Edit: My mistake that version of the photo was posted by another site with permission from the photographer and did not have the copyright information written on it. However it is still someone elses property.

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to cause any harm, probably just cut, and pasted...

Joseph why are you so picky. Dude contact me I have some good vfts.

I'm picky because it is illegal and disrespectful.  

Whether you like my response or not it would be polite to respect the photographer of the photo and remove it untill he gives you permission to post it.

Joseph

Well said Joseph.

Philtraper2, here's a scenario for you. What if you made a discovery that could cure cancer and someone broke into your lab and files, took all the information and published it before you could?

Same applies to pictures.

I mean, I don't think you would mind quite as much as having a picture, from your website, shown to get help finding something.

Except perhaps that the owner of that picture sells VFTs to make a living. Perhaps he would prefer you buy the VFT from him rather than using his picture to find it elsewhere.

Joe

Thanks,
I don't mean to be rude or pushy, and I am aware that many people are not familiar with copyright laws as they apply to photos. However, it is the law and it is there to protect the work of photographers and the rights of anyone who takes a picture. Personally I feel that if I take a picture it is mine. If I display my picture I expect it to stay where I put it. This is no different then photocopying a book without buying.

There is an edit button in the corner of the photo. Simple press it, remove the picture, and the press 'submit modified post'

Thanks Kirkskoastalkarnivores, I appreciate you wanting to remove it.

Joe

Hello Kirk , I don't think anyone has that white vft yet , not in cultivation yet and probably being propagated in TC for wider distribution . I'm sure it will be available commercially in the future . There has also been some controversey on this plant a while back saying that it would be weak because the white leaves could not photosynthesize because of the absence of chlorophyll but from the pictures I've seen , half of the plant is green so I think it can support itself
smile.gif

Does anyone know if the mutation is stable or if it is just temporary?

smile.gif

BCK

Only time can answer that question, BCK. At present, I have a two year seedling of S. purpurea ssp. venosa forma luteola that is all white except for the hood. I have no idea if this will keep this color or not, but it would be a beautiful plant if it did. Only the hood is green and a green stripe goes up the outer edge of the ala. Definitely different. Similarly, I have had a VFT or two that showed albinistic tendencies. These were eventually liberated from my collection, and I have no idea if they kept their white striped traps or not. And I have never seen another.

Back