What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey identify this plant please-NON-cp

hey identify this plant please thanks.

and if anyone wants cuttings im free to give away, i really wanna give stuff away
wow.gif
but i got no cp plants to give away YET
tounge.gif
as i do plan to have many seeds
biggrin.gif
and i plan to give away tiny vfts in future
smile.gif

cl1.jpg

Hi there, could you post a picture?
or am I just not seeing one...
Peter

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rubrarubra @ Mar. 23 2004,23:16)]Hi there, could you post a picture?
or am I just not seeing one...
Peter
heh, i forgot to add link, theres a picture and heres a site with more pictures of it, as well as pics of my vft (from thursday march 18, i will take more on the 25. of the vft)

here it is

looks almost like a calla lily, or a canna.
Does it form a bulb? has it ever flowered for you?
Peter

No, This appears to be a common house vine. Very good growers. I will get the name in a little bit and put it on the line. This are actually great plants. Those nodes on it will quickly form roots if the come in contact with soil or water.

Potho,scindapsus,devils ivy,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ Mar. 23 2004,23:54)]No, This appears to be a common house vine. Very good growers. I will get the name in a little bit and put it on the line. This are actually great plants. Those nodes on it will quickly form roots if the come in contact with soil or water.
yeah its like that, and im gonna make some cool things with those root powers, see when u put the growing tip in water.... root dont appear, but if u make 4-5 sections covered in water and cut of growing tip..... hehehehe it will be nice setup i will grow
smile.gif

i was wondering if anyone want any i can send these things r so e-z to grow and i think they look great and u can do many crazy thing with them, i wonder if this thing does any type of flowering? some vines flower dont they ?

If you take care of them well they may grow a calla lily like flower as they are aroids.....

It is a Heart-Leaf philodendron or one of its near relatives.

Potho's and Philodendron like almost identical except the Philo's have red veins.

wink.gif

No,they are in different genuses ,pothos in scindapsus,philodendron in philodendron. And not all philodendrons have red veins! In fact very few do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Mar. 24 2004,6:48)]If you take care of them well they may grow a calla lily like flower as they are aroids.....
are u serious ? mines been growing great, hasnt lost any leaves since replanting and its growin crazy and i didnt even give it no spring fertilizer.

Heart-Leaf philodendron
cant be this its not poisonous.

Um,well all aroids(I think) have a substance in them called calcium oxalate(sp?) wich if ingested lacerates the esopogus(sp?) wich causes swelling and can eventually lead to dumbness or even asphixiation(sp?) I guess this isn`t realy a poison though as it isn`t absorbed into the blood stream.

They are only poisonous if ingested in good amounts, like rubarb leaves. Don't eat it.

Back