What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep bical seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Hey all,

I have a good number of Nep bical seed available. I am not demanding a trade but I am always looking to expand my collection so if you have anything please make an offer
smile.gif
Worst I can say is "No thanks but send me an SASE and some are yours."

I have not seperated them all out into packets yet but at a guess I'll have about 5-8.

On your mark....

Get set...

Go!

I would definitly like some for a SASE.  PM Sent!
BTW- where did you get those Seeds from?

pmed ya!

wow how did you get seed? did you have 2 flowering bicals?
wow.gif

I dont have any cp seeds to trade but would love to send a sase.

How old are the seed? Would they fair well in tissue culture flasks?

How old are the seed? Would they fair well in vitro?

If you have anymore I would love to try some.

Flowering bical???
wow.gif
Bical SEED???
wow.gif
Level of rarity??
tounge.gif
wow.gif
wink.gif

darn...that's got to be rare...the odds of that happening are virtually neil!

I would like to try some but I live in singapore, and shipping here, halfway round the world would be a pain indeed...the curse of living on an island separate from other cp growers! Oh well...maybe mine will flower and I can perserve pollen or maybe even *try to* find another bical flowering at the same time
biggrin.gif
Too bad my bical is perishing now due to unknown causes (maybe due to care from a newbie cp grower?)
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

See the foreign or nep boards to see whether you can help...might be on the second page, I thought I might mention this since we talking about bical, aren't we?
smile.gif

Jason

Okay as it stands I have 17 replies of interest.

Going by time stamp the order is

peter
scholaty
cchang
arie
trashcan
rubrarubra
Vertigo
carnivorkid
SnowyFalcon
NickHubbell
voodoolizard
tweek
Copper
The Griffin
tim187
elgecko
Jason Wong

So I can play this 2 ways, I could sit down tonight and divide out all the seed into 17 equal sets or I can divide out seeds at about 50 per pack (my original plan) and go until I run out.

I would like to hear from the people above as to what they would prefer. I would like to please as many people as possible but I don't want people feeling jipped if they only end up with 20 odd seeds.

I am PMing everyone who replied so please let me know.

Lokking to me the best way to divide out seeds at about 50 per pack .
That way as many growers as possible would get them and if lot would have good germitation in about 2 years they could offer some plants to others.
Arie

I'm with Arie, but if the people on the lower side of the list don't get any or very many, you should definetly take some out of mine and others who got 50 and give them some more. I'd say at least 25 or more mostly good looking seeds (Not the deformed ones that you know are not going to germinate in a million years...)
That's just my oppinion and anyone who has a different method, Please post and share your oppinions.

I've never tried Neps from seed, so I do not know what the germination rate typically is. I'm sure there are lots of deciding factors which can alter results also.
Pyro you are kind enough to offer your extra seeds. From the original post it appeared to be a first come 1st serve give away. If I was late in responding, I lose out.
Of coarse I say give 25 seeds, maybe you'll have extra for me then.
wink.gif

Whatever you decide, Thank for sharing with others.

I think it comes down to if those at the top of the list are willing to accept less then 50 seed. I'd be happy with whatever seed you can spare.

I would be happy with just five or so seeds, but I can only speak for myself of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back