What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for s.flava

I had a nice flava that what blooming size that i had noticed yesturday when i seen it rooten with these small whte worms that look like parasites. anyway they ate what was green and the rest decayed . it happened so fast i was checking it every day to see how its growing and yesturday it was gone. Does anyone have a flava division to trade?plmk

Same thing happens to my plants too, one day they are a little stressed but growing decently, and the next the whole bulb turns into mush and is dead... I'm pretty sure the worms on there are nematoads. I posted a topic on this a few months ago.

How would parisitic nematodes reach a pot like that? I'd put my bets on insect larva myself.

Probably fungus gnat larvae. Guessing there was a fungus infection and the gnat larvae were eating the dying plant tissue.
Tony

Good idea to pull the plant completely out, wash the rhizome, and replant with new peat. I don't have the fungus gnat problem here. Have worse troubles with cutworm. And they can devastate many plants in short order.

Back