What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S.oreophila

I haven't checked the laws Regarding this species in a while..but I believe I have the right to trade within state, please correct me if I'm wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sry but CA traders only..Looking for D.Regia preferably an established plant of any size in a pot.. I have to trade an S.Oreophila I won in a raffle this last BACPS meeting. I'd say a foot tall with one opened pitcher, with another growing along side it. I will ship in pot so I can ensure the plant will live. Please leave me a PM, and thank you for your interest in this beautiful and rare Sarr.

I believe that this plant can not be sold or traded, only given.

Gah.. I have given myself a headache trying to decipher the Endangered Species Act.  Here it is if you want to look it over ESA

The bits that pertain to plants are the following:
from Section 9
"2) Except as provided in sections 6(g)(2) and 10 of this Act, with respect to any endangered species of plants listed pursuant to section 4 of this Act, it is unlawful for any person subject to the jurisdiction of the United States to-
(A) import any such species into, or export any such species from, the United States;
(B) remove and reduce to possession any such species from areas under Federal jurisdiction; maliciously damage or destroy any such species on any such area; or remove, cut, dig up, or damage or destroy any such species on any other area in knowing violation of any law or regulation of any state or in the course of any violation of a state criminal trespass law;
© deliver, receive, carry, transport, or ship in interstate or foreign commerce, by any means whatsoever and in the course of a commercial activity, any such species;
(D) sell or offer for sale in interstate or foreign commerce any such species;
or
(E) violate any regulation pertaining to such species or to any threatened species of plants listed pursuant to section 4 of this Act and promulgated by the Secretary pursuant to authority provided by this Act."

exceptions from
Section 6 g,2
"(2) The prohibitions set forth in or authorized pursuant to sections 4(d) and 9(a)(1)(B) of this Act shall not apply with respect to the taking of any resident endangered species or threatened species (other than species listed in Appendix I to the Convention or otherwise specifically covered by any other treaty or Federal law) within any State-"

Section 10 discusses permits, items in possession before the ESA, hardship cases, Alaskan natives and some other things.  None of which should apply here.

I'm not even going to act like I know what any of that says... If you would like to read how Barry Rice reads the laws, you can see it here. I hope it helps you. Make sure you read his disclaimer.
biggrin.gif

Andrew

Thanks Adnedarn..so much easier..

)You may trade, barter, or sell plants to another person within your state. Intrastate trade does not fall under the jurisdiction of the E.S.A. (see E.S.A. F.17.61(b)).

See I was right
smile.gif

Good!!! Good luck in your quest, Slizarus.

Ah, well that clears it up a little. Hope you find someone in your area.

Back