What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I have several Goodyera pubescens orchids for trade. they stay small, are attractive, and are great for outdoors or in a terrarium.

I'm looking for:
N. ampullaria
N. adnata
N. Hirsuta
D. Prolifera
ANY Genlisea
U. calcyfida
U. Longifolia
Cephalotus
Byblis liniflora seeds

PLEASE pm me! or aim me at cparsonsss

each bog orchid is worth about 12 dollars. i am NOT selling them, just giving you an idea of their value. they are easy to grow and very hardy.

heres some pics of wild ones

goodyera01.JPG

rpd.jpg

nope. original ones from my property in n. ga
auctually my parents own the property. they are very common all throughout ga, ime.

these were grown from rhizome cuttings and were grown in my terr in the winter and outside in the summer.

from ga. dept of natural resources:
On private lands, the landowner has ultimate authority on what protection efforts, if any, occur with regard to protected plants. No protected plant may be collected without written landowner permission.

goodyera pubescens wasn't on the special concern plants list here: http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/specialconcernplants.asp

Very interested now... What is size average of the ones you have for trade, and how big do they get? Would they do well in a vivarium?

While this plant is an orchid, it is not a "bog orchid." They inhabit mesic woodlands throughout the Southeastern US. They also preffer a winter dormancy period.

he's right. that's just the common name i got from cooks, he sells them , too. however, they grow great in my terrarium, so would grow well in a vivarium too. in my experiance, the ones that grow in my terrarium (lowland) grow faster than the ones outside. they may prefer a winter dormancy, but it's not required IME.

the average size is medium, but i a few large ones that i want to keep, but i'll trade them if i have to. i'm estimating the max size, but about 3- 5 inches across.

i also have some ludisia discolor plants i can trade, and 2 small phals.

heres a pic of ludisia discolor(jewel orchid) these are great for terrariums and dotn require as much light as most orchids, but need high humidity for good growth. I dont have many jewel orchids to trade, because i need to keep some to myself. in my experiance, these produce many offshoots above and below the soil.

ludisia_discolor_384a1.jpg

here's its range in the us.

us_dist.gif

heres a link to a webpage that should show the size better.

PIC

bump

i'm sending out plants monday, so if you want any this is your last chance!

Back