What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who sent me the

schloaty

Staff member
Due to lack of sleep and the otherwise hecktick lifestyle associated with having a newborn (good excuse, eh?) I have completely forgotten who just recently sent me a rooted cutting of N. x 'Ise de France.' Would the guilty party please step forward?
smile_l_32.gif

Yo, right here! How's it doing, by the way?

SF

Right! Thanks, SF, I'd forgotten completely...You also sent the gracilis clone. The 'Ise de France' has taken off like a shot! I have it in lowland conditions. I forget exactly when you sent it, but I don't think it was that long ago. It's forming it's first pitcher!
biggrin.gif

your still lurking around Snowy? i thought yah left us. my Ile de France cutting you sent is also growing like a weed and should open its first pitcher in a week or so. was it really a cutting? i swear the way its been growing it was rooted but i forgot soon after i planted it. its growing faster than any other nep i have including Rokko and Ventrata. the coccinea stems you sent also are growing great.

Rattler

Snowy? "Ise de France"? Where'd you get it? I have been looking for one for a while.......

poor Snowy has decided to get his "priorities straight" and has quit CP's for the time being(we all KNOW he'll be back, it is an addiction after all) im not sure when schoalty got his but i got mine when he was getting rid of his collection. i havent seen it on many grow lists but if mine keeps growing at the current rate i may have a cutting or two for trade by fall.

Rattler

I too have been looking for this nepenthes, you lucky dogg
smile_n_32.gif

That is pretty pricey, if it's the one I am thinking about. They may be huge, though, for all I know.

Cheers,

Joe

Yep, I'm still lurking. Ya never know when I might pop back in! Gotta make sure I'm not forgotten
smile_m_32.gif

The cuttings had been rooting for several months before I sent them to you guys. Be sure and post a pic when the pitchers mature, I never got to see one
smile_h_32.gif

See ya around..

SF

I think I gave the original cutting to SnowyFalcon.

Schloaty, I'm curious on how your pitcher looks.

Emesis,
The cutting you gave me is pitchering as we speak. I'd say the pitcher is 3/4, or more, of the way to opening. I'll post pictures when it does. It took forever for the cutting to root, but once it did, it started growing like crazy!

Capslock

Emesis, the pitcher isn't open yet, but it looks like it's going to be an upper pitcher (tendril attached to the back, no wings so far).

I have been growing mine w/ low humidity. (I should probably increase the humidity.) Two out four woody stem cuttings survived. Moreover, only one of the cuttings has put out a small pitcher and it doesn't seem like there's a tendril.

The parent plant is in my mezzanine section, which has even lower humidity & higher temps. So far nothing but new shoots are growing.

Aha! It openned yesterday! I will hopefully get a chance to take a pic of it over the weekend.

Looking forward to the pic. BTW, how big is the pitcher?

4 or 5 inches, I'd guess....It's an upper, so I'm going to have to wait for a basal shoot to get a shot at seeing the lowers.

I've got a lower pitcher coming on my cutting that's about the same size, maybe bigger. The new leaf on my cutting is VERY large, about 7 or 8 inches. Compared to my other Ile de France cutting, it's a lot redder pitcher too, despite being on the same shelf. I'll get a pic up tonight even though it's not open yet.

Capslock

Here they are. First, the cutting from emesis, which I see today is going to open up tonight or tomorrow. It's just starting now:
N_Ile_de_France_emesis.sized.jpg

And here's the other one I got from Sam Estes in Hawaii. Its first pitcher opened a couple weeks ago:

N_x_Ile_de_France_estes.sized.jpg

Emesis' clone seems much redder. These guys are 18 inches from eachother. They both appear to be lower pitchers.

Capslock

Thanks for the pics Capslock. Heh, the only pitcher that present on one of my N. 'Ile de France' plant is 1/2 an inch tall and it looks somewhat mutant. It's nice to see what a full-sized pitcher looks like.

Maybe next time I'll wait for the Nepenthes to pitcher before lowering the humidity.

Back