What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free nepenthes for 5 beginners

I was cleaning up the trade table today, getting a box of plants together for a kind soul, and I was inspired! I have 5 nice nepenthes that I plan to send to five different people. If you want one you have to meet the following requirements:

1) You must have less then 5 carnivorous plants. Be honest now!

2) You must never sell the plant, or its cuttings, you may trade or give only. Pay it forward!

3) You MUST send me a discription of the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you. Keep it clean, this is a family show!

I will accept PM's on this subject untill tuesday 6/29/04 at MIDNIGHT! The best five stories win! Your story WILL be shared with the rest of the class...

OK, I'll leave out your name if you want me too, but thats not as much fun!

Good Luck!

Steve

PS - I know someone is going to ask.... These are nice overgrown rooted cuttings of vetricosa or burkei, verious clones, in 4.5" pots.

What?! You have to have less then 5 cps?! I only have 4 Neps but I have more then 5 cps altogether. Too bad burkei sounds cool too!

Steve,

I'll have only 5 plants for a burkei! I swear, all i got is 5 plants!

Most embarrassing thing... I cannonballed into a local swimming pool and my swimshorts came off and then the lifeguard... Nevermind
smile_m_32.gif

Aw, I do not qualify
smile_h_32.gif
 . Hmm, the burkei does sound good I don't see them around too often...

All my plants died just today because of a new strain of Virus!
mad.gif

Yep, I only have 0 plants now
biggrin.gif

J/K if only I was a newbie...

Darn...I'm at 6 plants myself.

Regardless, nice way of offering up the plants! Its always fun to see the creative ways of distributing other CPs in this forum. That and the community is honest and abides by the poster's set rules, which is always amazing
smile.gif

1) You must have less then 5 carnivorous plants. Be honest now! Dang why did I have to go onto a buying binge at lowes... However I have only been rgowing the majority of my plants since December. Before that i only had a venus flytrap and I got that in August. So while I did rescue a bunch of plants from Lowes I have about 4 plants not from Lowes if that counts...

2) You must never sell the plant, or its cuttings, you may trade or give only. Pay it forward! Deal.

3) You MUST send me a discription of the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you. Keep it clean, this is a family show! Most embarrassing moment? In high school I was in AFJROTC. I was also on the drill team. One of the years our exhibition team was low on people so I was "drafted" onto the team. I worked hard to rember the exhibition sequence. I had it down to a T. However when the competition came in front of a couple thousand people my mind went blank and the sequence was a very long sequence. I was embarrassed, terrified, and I felt bad about letting my team down. But that was 3 years ago and I became a much better person at DT member {even though i got off the exhibition team)

Aw man, I just got a starter kit last week in the mail and now I have more than 5. Plus I saw some Cps a day before that and I had to buy them since there are NEVER cps in the stores here. lol oh well, I think I need to slow it down for now anyway.

Good luckk to who ever gets it! Can't wait to hear the most embarassing moment stories lol
biggrin.gif

Crap!!!!!,
I do have more than that, I just remembered my Ceph.

Joe

Time to "somehow forget" about some of our plants!
smile_m_32.gif

My greenhouse heated up to 160 degrees and all i have left is one little green Drosera spatulata leaf... Can I have a burkeii now?
smile_m_32.gif

Just out of curiousity, how is bukeii pronounced?

Capslock

In my head I pronounce it, bur kay E

But I really have no idea either. Infact I really have no idea how to pronounce any of the Cps scientific names *shrugs*

I've had my whole collection die twice if that counts
confused.gif
?

Steve,

You are a wonderful but evil man, hee hee. I think you will find it hard to find anyone with less than 5 plants considering the generosity that is a hallmark of this Forum, but good luck.

Phew! I am glad I don't qualify, NO WAY am I going to tell my most embarassing story. My LEAST embarassing story would probably get me committed (or arrested).

Thanks for the kind gesture, and for just being you. You are lucky to be you, and we are lucky to know you. May your Neps grow as tall as the tales that will no doubt be told on this thread.

Too bad Ozzy is so well heeled with plants, he would probably win........

Nice offer Steve ;>

Btw folks don't get all bent out of shape. It is questionable if N. burkei is in cultivation except perhaps one plant that is coming from Australia. I would hedge my bet and say odds it they are N. burkei are extreamly miniscule.

Okay Tamlin, now I am curious
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]3) You MUST send me a description of the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you. Keep it clean, this is a family show!
No problem there, I have enough stories I could win all five., The hard part would be trying to narrow down which story I would submit. Would it be the explosion I caused in Walmart? Or the time I was kicked out of a country? Maybe it was the time I stopped to help an elderly couple whose car had broke down? Could be the time I helped my Pakistani neighbor with his vcr? Perhaps it was the time I met Black Sabbath and PO'd Ozzy Osbourne? Maybe it was the time I wrecked the train? It could be the time I shot myself in the chest with a 9mm? I just can't decide which story would be my most embossing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]2) You must never sell the plant, or its cuttings, you may trade or give only. Pay it forward!

I think I have proved myself on that qualification already

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1) You must have less then 5 carnivorous plants. Be honest now!

Oh well I guess I'm disqualified. So unless Steve raises the requirement to about 100 plants I guess I'll have to keep all these stories to myself.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Keep it clean, this is a family show!
I couldn't tell most of the stories here anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ June 26 2004,9:46)]Nice offer Steve ;>

Btw folks don't get all bent out of shape.  It is questionable if N. burkei is in cultivation except perhaps one plant that is coming from Australia.  I would hedge my bet and say odds it they are N. burkei are extreamly miniscule.
Tony is bringing up a good point here. The plants that I have labeled burkei came to me from a very reliable source. He has traveled and collected extensivly in SE Asia. HOWEVER, depending on who you use as your source for proper nomenclature, burkei = ventricosa. If you are a spliter, and buy the fact that they are two distinct species, then you should know that they are very, very simular.

Is that how you understand it Tony? Anyway, if it is truely burkei and not ventricosa, I will have more, it roots easily.

BTW, burkei is pronounced BUR-key-i

Steve

Back