What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just checking to see who is interested........

first off let me say that i have NO PLANTS availible at the moment but want to check what kinda interest there is in me trying something.

also PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE POSTING THAT YOU WANT ONE! i dont want any misunderstandings.

i recently read how easy it is to take cuttings of D. filliformis and being that i have some time on my hands and want to try some things i was going to try taking cuttings. however i dont want to be stuck with a bunch of lil plants, i have one decent sized plant and thats all i want. im just want to do it to see if i can so is there anyone(especially newbies who are just getting started and have small collections) that will  be willing to take them off my hands once they are established enough for shipping? if everything works out and with some good luck i should have lots of lil plants.

this being said, i will not be looking for anything in return except probably shipping so newbies this will be a shot at another easy to grow species for your collections. PLEASE NO PMS! if you are interested just post here saying your interested ill pm you as they become availible. if it looks like there are enough ppl interested ill start taking cuttings mid-week. once again the sundew in question will be: D. filliformis ssp filliformis a basic run of the mill sundew from the US of A. i recieved the plant as a throw in when trading for something else. the guy just through it in because it wasnt on my grow list. it didnt cost me anything so it isnt going to cost you(except postage).

i guess to be fair ill keep an eye on this string and it will be first post first chance when they are ready and ill move down the line. if interest stays high i guess that means ill just keep taking cuttings unless it starts affecting my main plant. and remember this will be part of an experiment so im not promising anything, just post if your interested and ill do my best to make sure the cuttings take.

Rattler

I'm not a newbie,well kinda.I've only been growing cps for one year,but I have alot of plants!If you have more than you can give away or get stuck with a bunch of plants,I will pay postage or trade some plants for them.But by all means,give them to people just starting out!

Jerry

well theres one........just MAYBE Spec is special enough to get one if he is the only person but i dont know.......
smile_n_32.gif
any more takers? we dont want to disappoint Spec now do we?

man i was to slow.....ive only been at this 9 months and have more plants than i have room for at the moment.....i am mainly shooting twords newbies but who ever wants one gets one if they work out. i guess with 2 takers so far ill get some started tonite.

Rattler

i'm not a newbie, but i'd love to take a cutting off of your hands. i dont have a filiformis nor have i ever had one and when mine grows up i'd like very much to take cutting of it and send them out free. i've been inspired by everyone's generousite
smile.gif

i have a filiformis var. tracyi, and its very dewey
it just recovered from shock, and i love D. filiformis!!!
its my favorite and i would take anything i can get
Hellz

Well...with 6 plants hopefully I'm new enough
smile.gif

I've never had a D. Filiformis, so I'd love to add that to my list if you have any available.

well i took 7 1.5 inch cuttings and we will see what develops. also i should have seeds from this plant before long. its about done with its first set of flowers and is sending up another flower stalk. im not sure if filliformis seeds need to be stratified though, anyone know for sure?

Rattler

I think they do need to be stratified.

D.filiformis would be great, but I'm no newbie....
But if there are any left I'm up for 'em!

Well Rattler, in the event that your cuttings fail I will have a plethora of seed from both the typical and FL giant forms so I'll offer a contingent of seed to cover you
smile.gif

Pyro,

Is "Florida Giant" ssp filliformis, or ssp tracyi?

Cheers,

Joe

thank you Pyro. thats very generous.

Rattler

FL Giant is ssp filiformis. It gets about twice the size of a typical filiformis under ideal conditions.

i m new with just 3 cps but i live in England[europe] this is usaly a problem please pm me if it isnt

I am starting over and have only a few plants now.

I never have grown D.filiformis.

If there are any more left, I will take one.

If you have an extra one, I'd be interested in giving this one a go. I'm a semi-newbie and looking to try out new types of plants that you don't see that much. I REALLY love the look of this one too with its long, thin tentacle like leaves and copious amounts of dew.
smile.gif

Back